Canadian Sport and Events Calendar
Understanding Same Game: The Self-Guided Gender Equity Toolkit Comprendre
Event Date(s) : September 30, 2020
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Event Location :
- alberta, CA
Getting more women and girls involved in sport is an important project – one that requires time, innovation, and effort from sport leaders and organizations. If we want this work to benefit the next generation of athletes, coaches, and leaders, the results need to be sustainable and well-supported. That’s where Same Game comes in.
Same Game is an evidence based, step-by-step online toolkit designed to help sport organizations bring their gender equity vision to life. The toolkit walks through a systematic process for embedding gender equity into your organization – from creating your vision, to implementing initiatives, to reflecting and revising what you’ve done, and all the steps in between.
In this webinar, experts on gender equity, leadership, and change management from Canadian Women & Sport and the Centre for Sport Capacity will walk you through the Same Game toolkit, the research behind why it works, and answer your questions about how it can work for your organization/club.
The webinar will be hosted on LifeSize on Wednesday, September 30th, from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. The first half of the webinar will be spent walking through the toolkit, while the second half will be reserved for questions. Please note that while all questions presented may not be answered within the allotted time, panelists will follow up with answers to all questions presented. The webinar, including the Q&A portion, will be recorded and posted for public viewing on Brock University’s Centre for Sport Capacity website.
Through Same Game, sport organizations will be able to:
- Develop effective solutions to engage more women and girls in sport in the long term;
- Collect and analyze data about their progress to help make strategic decisions;
- Create buy-in from key stakeholders such as their board, staff, coaches, and volunteers, whom are instrumental in helping move gender equity projects forward;
- Communicate goals and assess performance, so they can adapt and adjust as necessary.
The Same Game project was funded by Women and Gender Equality (WAGE) Canada
Same Game would not be possible without our partners:
- Brock University’s Centre for Sport Capacity
- Brock University’s Faculty of Applied Health Sciences (Sport Management)
- Ontario Soccer Association
- Ontario Basketball Association
We are grateful to Sport Canada for their support of this initiative.