Concussion Therapy Live Webinar
Develop a fuller image of concussions! From the signs and symptoms of a concussion, to immediate care and prevention methods, Dr. Colin Wallace will deliver this 4-part series on concussion therapy.
When: September 11, 18, 25 and October 2nd 2019 from 5:00-7:00pm EST
Price: $125 (members), $75 (CSEP Students), $150 (Non-members)
1. Concussions Defined:The neurophysiology and detection of concussions, reviewing both sideline and baseline evaluations.
2. Immediate Care of a Concussion: From Past to Present-Extended care of a concussion, generic strategies for returning to school/play/work, persistant symptoms (definition and need for individualized treatment plan) with areas of research:
- Balance and Gait
- Neurocognitive testing paradigms
3. Biomarkers of Concussions: Focusing on imaging, cerebral blood flow, heart rate variability and fluid markers.
4. Concussion Prevention: Toolbox items for every CSEP candidate, CSEP-CPT and CSEP-CEP
- Concussion Awareness Training Tool
- Concussion Recognition Tool 5 (CRT5)
- Sport Concussion Assessment Tool, 5th edition (SCAT 5)
Plus a review and conclusion.
Dr. Colin Wallace, PhD, CAT(C), AT-Ret