Sport Participation Research Initiative: 10 years in reviewOctober 3, 2017
The purpose of this presentation by Sport Canada was to provide an overview of the retrospective analysis of the first 10 years of the program encouraging sport participation research in Canada.
The review was intended to understand:
- Amount of research undertaken;
- What research was published or shared;
- Theme areas researched;
- Sport Canada’s SPRI investments in those theme areas;
- Funding distribution by geographic location; and
- What the trends and gaps in research are, with a view to improve knowledge transfer of this valuable information and increase the body of evidence where more is needed.
This presentation closes out by identifying trends and gaps in the research, as well as questions on knowledge transfer and opportunities for the future of the program.
2017 Sport Canada Research Initiative (SCRI) Conference Knowledge Transfer Presentation
The information presented in SIRC blogs and SIRCuit articles is accurate and reliable as of the date of publication. Developments that occur after the date of publication may impact the current accuracy of the information presented in a previously published blog or article.