Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS), version 5.1
Canada’s national sport community is dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming sport environment. On behalf of the national sport organizations (NSOs), multisport service organizations (MSOs), and Canadian Olympic and Paralympic Sport Institute (COPSI) Network members, we are pleased to provide version 5.1 of a Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport (UCCMS). The UCCMS will provide the foundation for the development of a coordinated implementation strategy to prevent and address maltreatment across all levels of the Canadian sport system, and for all participants (athletes, coaches, officials, administrators, practitioners, etc.). The UCCMS is a result of an extensive consultation process that sought insight and expertise from within the sport system and from external subject matter experts.
- Universal Code of Conduct to Prevent and Address Maltreatment in Sport, v5.1 (2019) | Download & Context Document
- Safe Sport Training – Coaching Association of Canada
- Canadian Sport HELPline – 1-888-83SPORT (77678) or www.abuse-free-sport.ca
- Prevalence of Maltreatment Among Current and Former National Team Athletes (2019) – AthletesCAN and the University of Toronto | Press Release & Final Report
- Para-Athletes’ Experiences of Maltreatment (2019) – Canadian Paralympic Committee, AthletesCAN and the University of Toronto | Final Report
- For a list of other safe sport related organizations, reports and policies, click here.
Call for Proposals – Independent Safe Sport Mechanism
As part of the next phase in the development and implementation of the UCCMS, Sport Canada is now seeking an innovative organization to lead the establishment of an Independent Safe Sport Mechanism for the national sport community. The deadline for applications is January 8, 2021. Learn more about the opportunity: