Medicine Therapist – Clinic & Events Support
We were born from an eclectic troop of performers. Come live the experience of being yourself every day to create the extraordinary.
Since 1984, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group has been focusing on ever more creative and magical work in order to constantly push the limits of the imagination and surprise spectators! Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our shows and will continue to transcend our upcoming productions around the world.
Today, we have a place for those who have a marked taste for thinking up exceptional products, for ensuring the smooth running of operations, for putting their ingenuity at the service of their team, in addition to contributing to enhancing their expertise and develop practices unique to Cirque du Soleil!
So don’t wait any longer and join the Cirque adventure! You will meet ambitious people and people passionate about the world of entertainment!
As the Performance Medicine Therapist – Clinic & Events Support, you will report to the Performance Medicine Manager IHQ/E&E. You will be responsible for providing essential performance medicine support at the Montreal Center of Excellence and providing support to Events & Experiences :
- Delivering expert clinical care and rehabilitation at IHQ;
- Supporting high performance strategies for our Artists’ and their incredible performances with Special Events and across the business as required.
- Providing acute care as a first responder, and leading emergency response teams;
- Supporting the delivery of S&C services to Artists on Events;
- Attention to detail, with comprehensive, interdisciplinary forward planning and communication;
- Ensuring the department’s daily operational needs are met to the highest possible standard of professionalism, care and ethics;
- Adhering to the direction of and closely communicate with the Performance Medicine Manager IHQ/E&E and Clinical Lead;
- Adhering to optimal safety guidelines and processes within the artists’ working and performance environment;
- Collaborating with the Clinical Lead and wider Performance Team to create moments of exchange for feedback and problem solving in regards to strength and conditioning, injury risk reduction and performance support.
YOUR UNIQUE EXPERTISE
- University degree in Physiotherapy or Athletic Therapy/Training;
- Current and maintained professional registration with an appropriate professional body for the jurisdiction and nature of your therapist qualification in Quebec;
- A minimum of 4 years post-graduate experience of musculoskeletal care in a performing arts/performance sport environment, including a strong knowledge and expertise in rehabilitation;
- Valid CPR/AED certification; additional first responder certifications preferred;
- Ability to travel to show site locations worldwide for event and show coverage support as required, up to 20 weeks per year
- Outstanding healthcare skills, including strong knowledge of performance recovery approaches, workload management, injury risk reduction and first aid/trauma management;
- High level clinical reasoning, critical thinking and a relentless pursuit of clinical and professional excellence;
- A great fluency in both French and English.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected situations and work with a variable schedule while working under pressure;
- Ability to work and communicate with medical professionals;
- Good computer skills;
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
To keep pace with the creation, production and distribution of our products, our employer proposal is unique.
HERE IS AN OVERVIEW
- An inclusive hybrid work mode based on team experience and flexible working hours
- Access to an individual office on the days you come to the Montreal Studio, a stimulating environment that will allow you to put all your creativity to good use
- A culture focused on the development of fair practices and unifying events
- Professional growth focused on high quality projects to propel your career
- A group insurance program, RRSPs and other benefits that we will be happy to present to you
- Personalized support adapted to your professional ambitions: training program, regular check-ins, inter-team contribution.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is committed to creating and maintaining an accessible and inclusive workplace. Proud ambassador of equality in employment, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is committed to eliminating discrimination based on age, skin color, origins, religion, sex, sexual orientation and any other characteristic. Neutral and inclusive writing is now preferred for all new job postings.