Call for nominations open for the CAC 2021 Coaching Awards program
The Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) is excited to launch the 2021 Coaching Awards program, which has been updated to include three new awards. Recipients of these awards exemplify excellence and ethics in sport, not only for achievements in sport performance, but also for outstanding contributions to the development of coaching and the growth of the sport community in Canada.
Nominations open Friday, May 21. Descriptions of the awards and a link to the webpage with the nomination details are included below.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes a lifelong commitment to coaching and coach development.
- The Coach of the Year Award recognizes the outstanding achievements of a coach, both for the sport performances of their athlete(s) or team and for exhibiting excellence in sport values.
- The Impact Award recognizes an individual or organization for their creation of an innovative event or program that has benefited the sport and coaching community.
- The Community and National NCCP Coach Developer Awards recognize outstanding individuals who have gone above and beyond to develop certified and trained NCCP coaches.
- The Petro-Canada Coaching Excellence Awards recognize coaches whose athlete or team has achieved a medal-winning performance at a World Championship, Olympic or Paralympic Games, or at the Special Olympics World Games.
The CAC is honoured to support the Aboriginal Sport Circle in the presentation of the National Indigenous Coaching Awards. Recipients of these awards exemplify a commitment to a holistic lifestyle that embraces physical, mental, cultural, and spiritual capacities.
For more information about the program, visit the Coaching Awards section of our website.