Canadian Sport and Events Calendar
Event Date(s) : November 26-28, 2019
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Contact Person : Kellie Ring
Contact Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone : 6135213340
Event Location :
Strathmere Lodge, Ottawa
1980 Phelan Road
- North Gower, Ontario, Canada K0A2T0
The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) and the Sport Law & Strategy Group are offering the Sport Leaders Retreat to help sport leaders from provincial/territorial, national and multi-sport organizations enhance their leadership skills. The retreat includes the Nova Profile personality assessment, two coaching conversations, and a 2.5-day retreat to run November 26-28, 2019 at the Strathmere Lodge in Ottawa, ON. Space is limited so act fast!
This leading edge development experience is designed for sport leaders to gain access to new ways of relating to self, others and the world around them. Leaders will:
- Learn the importance of creating a values-driven culture;
- Develop insight into leadership strengths and blind spots, including how to manage using multiple intelligences;
- Develop an understanding of different leadership styles and ways to apply them;
- Adopt strategies to communicate more effectively;
- Increase awareness of different energy states;
- Experience different approaches to address difficult conversations; and
- Participate in peer-to-peer discussions that address real life problems in a supportive learning environment.
- Location: The Strathmere Lodge. This hotel and spa sits on 200 acres, 25 minutes from the Ottawa International Airport.
- Participants: Sport executives (executive director, chief executive officer, chief operating officer) or senior managers from national, multi and provincial/territorial sport organizations or government agencies with a minimum of five years of senior leadership experience.
- Dates: November 26-28, 2019.
- Investment: The cost is $2,100 + HST, which includes a personalized Nova Profile assessment; two individual coaching conversations (one pre and one post retreat); facilitated 2.5-day retreat; meals; private accommodation; access to relevant leadership materials; and the opportunity to connect with like-minded peers.
- Facilitator: Dina Bell-Laroche is a certified International Coach Federation and Integral Master CoachTM who has been working in the Canadian sport sector since 1991 in a variety of roles. As a partner with the Sport Law & Strategy Group, Dina brings compassion, skillful communications and wisdom to her work. Dina is looking forward to companioning sport leaders on this journey of self-discovering and heightened awareness.