Canadian Sport and Events Calendar
Event Date(s) : November 26-28, 2019
4:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Contact Person : Kellie Ring
Contact Email : email@example.com
Contact Phone : 6135213340
Event Location :
Strathmere Lodge Ottawa, ON
1980 Phelan Rd W
- North Gower, Ontario, Canada K0A 2T0
The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) and the are offering the Sport Leaders Retreat to help sport leaders from provincial/territorial, national and multi-sport organizations enhance their leadership skills. The retreat includes the Nova Profile personality assessment, two coaching conversations, and a 2.5-day retreat to run November 26-28, 2019 at the Strathmere Lodge in Ottawa, ON. Space is limited so act fast! The registration deadline is May 31, 2019.
This leading edge development experience is designed for sport leaders to gain access to new ways of relating to self, others and the world around them. Leaders will:
- Learn the importance of creating a values-driven culture;
- Develop insight into leadership strengths and blind spots, including how to manage using multiple intelligences;
- Develop an understanding of different leadership styles and ways to apply them;
- Adopt strategies to communicate more effectively;
- Increase awareness of different energy states;
- Experience different approaches to address difficult conversations; and
- Participate in peer-to-peer discussions that address real life problems in a supportive learning environment.
Don’t miss out! Here’s what participants of previous retreats have said:
“I would highly recommend for anyone that is looking to expand their leadership capabilities and take it to the next level.”
“A powerful and valuable leadership program that I would recommend.”
“…you can’t ask for a better space to let go, absorb and transform.”
- Location: The . This hotel and spa sits on 200 acres, 25 minutes from the Ottawa International Airport.
- Participants: Sport executives (executive director, chief executive officer, chief operating officer) or senior managers from national, multi and provincial/territorial sport organizations or government agencies with a minimum of five years of senior leadership experience.
- Dates: November 26-28, 2019.
- Investment: The cost is $2,100 + HST, which includes a personalized Nova Profile assessment; two individual coaching conversations (one pre and one post retreat); facilitated 2.5-day retreat; meals; private accommodation; access to relevant leadership materials; and the opportunity to connect with like-minded peers.
- Facilitator: Dina Bell-Laroche is a certified International Coach Federation and Integral Master CoachTM who has been working in the Canadian sport sector since 1991 in a variety of roles. As a partner with the Sport Law & Strategy Group, Dina brings compassion, skillful communications and wisdom to her work. Dina is looking forward to companioning sport leaders on this journey of self-discovering and heightened awareness.
Email Kellie Ring (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm your interest no later than May 31, 2019. Spots will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Background on the Sport Leaders Retreat:
The Sport Leaders Retreat was inspired by a collaboration between Coaching for Excellence, the Sport Law & Strategy Group and the CCES to enhance the leadership capacity of sport leaders.
About the CCES
The CCES is an independent, national, not-for profit organization with a responsibility to administer the Canadian Anti-Doping Program. We recognize that true sport can make a great difference for individuals, communities and our country. The CCES acknowledges funding, in part, from the Government of Canada. We are committed to working collaboratively to activate a values-based and principle-driven sport system; protecting the integrity of sport from the negative forces of doping and other unethical threats; and advocating for sport that is fair, safe and open to everyone.
For further information, please contact:
True Sport Project Coordinator