SIRC and Environment Canada are pleased to provide you with information regarding weather safety.
Be sure your sport association has a lightning safety policy and that everyone knows the 30-30 rule.
- When you can count 30 seconds or less between lightning and thunder, head for safe shelter
- Remain sheltered for 30 minutes after the last clap of thunder.
To help you remember the 30-30 rule and these important safety tips, as well as to help protect yourself from wind chill, Environment Canada and SIRC have created wallet-sized business cards that you can print out and distribute.
When Thunder Roars, Go Indoors
Environment Canada's new lightning safety and preparedness campaign.
Air Quality Resources
Other Weather Resources
- Environment Canada -Lightning Injury Study
- Summer Severe Weather
- Thunder, Lightning and Hail Storms
- Understanding your Forecast
Addition resources available on Environment Canada's website.
Check out these other weather related resources below.
Refine your search results by using the filters.