Job Posting: Regional Consultant based in Nova Scotia
Canadian Women & Sport is looking for a Regional Consultant based in Nova Scotia to exclusively serve Nova Scotia sport, physical activity and recreation (SPAR) providers and assist them in the implementation of the recommendations outlined in the FPTSC Working Group on Women and Girls in Sport report and Nova Scotia’s priorities and strategies related to Gender Equity. The role will leverage Canadian Women & Sport’s national operations, including activities, marketing, program management, and measurement, with a tailored focus on Nova Scotia organizations and leaders. It will directly support engagement, learning and action for Nova Scotia organizations and leaders, contributing to lasting changes. The role will work closely with YWCA Halifax LEAD Coordinator – Sport and Recreation Inclusion to collaboratively move gender equity forward in SPAR in Nova Scotia.
The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and is comfortable managing and connecting relationships across a variety of organization types. They are competent in bringing an intersectional lens to their work, reflecting diversity, equity and inclusion. The Regional Consultant represents Canadian Women & Sport in the province of Nova Scotia, working closely in collaboration with marketing and communications and program development to localize its work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage and serve Nova Scotia SPAR organizations and leaders
- Develop a strategic action plan for Canadian Women & Sport to support Nova Scotia organizations, aligned with government priorities and Canadian Women & Sport’s strategic and operational plans
- Create and adapt national content as needed to provide customized support to Nova Scotia SPAR organizations and leaders
- Deliver training and presentations to Nova Scotia individuals and organizations
- Initiate direct engagement with system stakeholders to offer defined program support and consulting that advances gender equity in Nova Scotia
- Work with partners to develop measurement and evaluation strategies for gender equity activities in SPAR
- Manage resources, ensuring equitable allocation among stakeholders and appropriate limits
- Produce annual report on activities and outcomes
Coordinate system actors for women and sport provincially, with national linkages
- Collaborate with YWCA Halifax LEAD Coordinator – Sport and Recreation Inclusion to establish shared objectives, priorities for each organization and how the two roles will support each other
- Partner with YWCA Halifax to maintain a database of provincial stakeholders and gender equity champions
- Facilitate connections between existing women and sport networks, organizations, and work in the province
- Participate in and support existing female leadership networks and gender equity collectives in Nova Scotia
- Connect learning at national level with opportunities for provincial stakeholders
- Advise on shared messaging among system actors for women and girls in SPAR in Nova Scotia
- Represent Canadian Women & Sport at Nova Scotia events and conferences
- Serve as primary point of contact and relationship manager for day-to-day collaboration with Government of Nova Scotia
Proactively seek opportunities for additional funding in the province for projects
- Provide recommendations to organizations looking for deeper engagement with Canadian Women & Sport
- Collaborate with organizations to complete third-party funding applications
- Identify other prospective funders of Canadian Women & Sport’s activities in Nova Scotia and support outreach and engagement of prospects
- Lead Canadian Women & Sport relationship management of provincial funders
- Work with Government and key funders to establish gender equitable eligibility requirements for funding activities
Represent needs of Nova Scotia within Canadian Women & Sport and the organization’s national work
- Gather insights from Nova Scotia SPAR stakeholders to inform planning and decisions for activities within Nova Scotia and to inform national activities
- Contribute to achievement of national targets by creating opportunities for implementation in Nova Scotia
- Provide Nova Scotia-specific adaptations to Canadian Women & Sport activities as deemed appropriate
- Carry out measurement and evaluation of Canadian Women & Sport activities in the province, including analysis and reporting internally on key learnings
Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience applying an intersectional gender equity lens, including specific understanding of anti-oppression and accessibility principles and their applications.
- Demonstrated ability to independently design and deliver high quality, results-focused initiatives that meet organizational and funder expectations
- Ability to connect national and regional priorities
- Skilled at stakeholder engagement, participatory approaches, and relationship management
- Skilled at persuasive communication, including the ability to design and deliver interactive sessions to educate and engage, both virtually and in-person
- Experience working or volunteering in the Canadian sport and physical activity system, specifically within the province of Nova Scotia, is an asset.
- Experience working with digital tools such as CRMs (Salesforce specifically), Microsoft Teams and SharePoint, Zoom, and Submittable or equivalents.
- Bilingualism (French-English) is a strong asset.
- This is a full-time permanent position with opportunity for flexible hours.
- Salary range is $65,000-$70,000 plus comprehensive health benefits.
- This position reports to the Director of Marketing, who is based currently in Toronto, Ontario.
- This position will reside in Nova Scotia, with expectation that the successful candidate will largely work from a home office.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Deadline to apply is Sunday, January 9, 2022. Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume on Submittable: https://cws.submittable.com/submit/210917/manager-gender-equity-consulting-nova-scotia-2021
About Canadian Women & Sport
Canadian Women & Sport is dedicated to creating an equitable and inclusive Canadian sport and physical activity system that empowers girls and women—as active participants and leaders—within and through sport. With a focus on systemic change, we partner with sport organizations, governments, and leaders to challenge the status quo and build better sport through gender equity.