HELP MAKE CANADA THE FITTEST NATION ON EARTH!
National Health and Fitness Day – Canada’s new National Health and Fitness Day is Saturday, June 3, 2017. Get started on planning in your community to mark the Day with events to celebrate and promote the use of indoor and outdoor sport and fitness facilities. More than 270 cities and towns across Canada have proclaimed the Day and we can inspire Canadians to become fitter and more active! Show you believe that by working together, we can increase the rates of physical activity across the generations and impact on population wellness. Partner with your local healthy living specialists, sporting goods stores, private gyms and others and consider some of the following ideas:
- Ask the Mayor to lead a community walk or fun run.
- Organize and host events in local parks and schools – a scavenger hunt, nature walk, etc…
- Organize community soccer and baseball games for all ages and abilities.
- Encourage local sports groups and clubs to offer information sessions, or “try it” days.
- Plan community fun fairs and use local parks to host multi-sport events for kids.
Check the new website www.NHFDcan.ca to see if your community has proclaimed the day and find helpful tools to get you started.
Spread the word! Help us engage all Canadians in National Health and Fitness Day 2017 via Twitter.