BC Rugby Announces Contest to Select Ball Boys & Girls for Americas Rugby Championship
BC Rugby – Vancouver, BC – December 13, 2016: BC Rugby is hosting a contest to select 18 Ball Boys and Girls for the Americas Rugby Championship matches in Langford and Burnaby in February 2017. In addition to participating in an exciting international match, each of the chosen Ball Boys and Girls will receive 2 complimentary tickets for their family and friends to attend the match to watch them in action. Finalists will also have the opportunity to be flag-bearers at the match.
How to Enter:
- Participant must share any or all of the following social media posts:
- Entrants must complete this form to specify which games they’re available for and to provide contact information
- Must be between the ages of 13-18
- Must understand the Laws of the Game
- Available for at least one of the ARC dates (5pm* kick-off on Feb 4, 11 and 18, 2017)
Preference will be given to those applicants who have completed World Rugby’s Concussion Management online module. They will be able to upload their certificate of completion upon entering.
About the Americas Rugby Championship
Six National and National “A” teams from the Americas will play in a round-robin tournament (5 games each) with points earned for each match. The team with the most points at the end of the tournament will be crowned the 2017 Americas Rugby Champion.
Participating nations are Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, USA and Uruguay.
Canada will be playing on home turf, kicking off at 5pm*, for the following 3 matches:
- Canada vs. Argentina on February 4th at Westhills Stadium, Langford, BC
- Canada vs. Chile on February 11th at Westhills Stadium, Langford, BC
- Canada vs. USA on February 18th at Swangard Stadium, Burnaby, BC
For more information about the contest and to enter, click here.
*Please note, selected Ball Boys & Girls will need to be available from 3.30pm on game day.
More information about BC Rugby
The British Columbia Rugby Union, commonly known as BC Rugby, is the governing body for Rugby in British Columbia and is a Provincial Union of Rugby Canada, the national governing body. Representing over 7,500 individuals registered through around 60 Member Clubs and Associations across the Province, BC Rugby leads and manages the sport with the aim to grow participation and develop excellence in all games of Rugby and in all facets of the sport.
For further information, please contact:
Marketing & Communications Manager
Tel: +1- 604-737-3070