5 Creative Ways to Incorporate Official Languages on a Sport Organization BudgetPosted on March 2, 2016
This webinar aims to support national sport organizations, multisport service organizations and Canadian sport centres/institutes in increasing their engagement and capacity regarding the promotion and recognition of official languages within the Canadian sport system. Practical tools, tips and resources that can help organizations integrate official languages into their programs and services will be presented.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Greetings & Welcoming – Sample voicemail messages, reception welcomes, meeting hosting, etc.
- Terminology – Frequently used and accepted sport terminology and examples of lexicons and terminology databases.
- Translation – Tips on what resources to use and not to use, how to maximize quality and minimize cost when using translators.
- Funding – opportunities related to official languages.
- Social Media – general official languages guidelines for social media.