2019/2020 Match Grant Projects
In 2019/2020, SIRC Match Grants supported collaboration amongst a diverse group of sport organizations and researchers across the country.
- Exploring female competitive participation rates in badminton – Badminton Canada and University of Toronto
- Factors influencing the participation of girls in Boccia in Canada – Boccia Canada and University of Montreal
- Second generation African-Canadian adolescent girls’ participation in a community sport program in Ottawa: An intersectional analysis – Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity/City of Ottawa and University of Ottawa
- Examining the capacity of the Canadian University Artistic Swimming League – Canada Artistic Swimming/Canadian University Artistic Swimming League and Wilfred Laurier University/McGill University
- Uptake and impact of the “Keeping Girls in Sport” education program in Canadian youth sport coaches – Canadian Tire JumpStart Charities and University of Alberta
- Evaluating the impact of small-area games in children’s ringette programs – Ringette Canada and York University
- Exploring social media and teammate relationships in adolescent girls’ soccer – Soccer Canada/Dixie Soccer Club and University of Toronto
- Understanding girls’ experiences in the Unified Sports Program – Sport Nova Scotia/Special Olympics Nova Scotia and Dalhousie University
- Mapping gender and sport participation – Row Ontario and Brock University/Laurentian University
- Building capacity for simultaneous sport participation for mothers and daughters: #SwimTogether – Woolwich Swim Club and University of Waterloo
Check back often for updates on each of the projects!