Receptionist - Canadian Olympic Committee
Post date: Aug. 28, 2018
Application Deadline: Sep. 11, 2018
Be a part of building and servicing a national brand. The Canadian Olympic Committee (COC) is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to high-performance sports excellence. We are the largest private supporter of high performance sport in Canada and we are responsible for all aspects of Canada’s involvement in the Olympic Movement, including participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games.
The Receptionist will play an integral part of representing the COC to the public as first point of contact by providing a high level of customer service to incoming callers and walk in guests in a timely manner and to support the administrative and general office requirements of the Operations function.
This position will be located in the COC office in Toronto, ON at 250 Yonge St. Suite 3000.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRIORITIES
- Act as first point of contact for all incoming guests; greeting visitors, informing employees of guest arrivals, and following all processes for visitors in office.
- Answer all incoming calls: transferring calls to the appropriate team member and/or responding to enquiries, as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Montreal Receptionist to ensure seamless communication and effectiveness between offices;
- Assist with the hiring and management of third party contractors (painters, movers, etc.);
- Work with building management to maintain a clean, functional and safe working environment for all staff;
- Manage all office operational procedures (mitigate A/V needs etc.) and foresee where positive change and operational efficiencies can be made;
- Coordinate boardroom bookings for both internal and external clients/associations, catering needs, room set-up, technical requirements and meeting logistics as required;
- Assist in arranging committee and management meetings/calls; Assist with preparation and distribution of meeting materials
- Prepare financial reports and summaries and reconcile all office expenses (Staples, Wheels, Taxis, Purolator, etc.);
- Route and file various documents;
- Draft and proofread office-wide correspondence;
- Provide general administrative support to the C-Suite, including preparing mail merges, coordinating event invitations, updating contact lists, processing mailings and maintaining files and records
- Update Staff Directory list as needed
- Assist HR and Office Manager with the onboarding and termination process of employees (Business cards, new desk area, activation of building key etc.),
- Assist with other projects as required.
General Office Administration
- Prepare outgoing mail, courier packages and post daily;
- Receive, open and distribute (invoicing and coding if necessary) incoming courier packages and mail;
- Monitor, order and maintain all office supplies and department specific supplies (paper, ink, etc.);
- Oversee maintenance of office equipment, ensuring equipment is functional at all times (printers, etc.);
- Oversee maintenance, supplies and operational needs of all common areas, including the reception area, meeting space, production rooms and kitchens (dishwasher, fresh coffee, dishes, etc.), including day-to-day needs; and all common areas tidy and presentable at all times;
- Coordinate boardroom bookings, catering needs, room set-up and meeting logistics as required;
- Assist in the management of all office storage;
- Purchase and provide healthy food items for each Monday Morning Breakfast;
- Participate in administration/coordination meetings, as scheduled
- Manage small projects independently as assigned and provide Office Manager with status updates as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CRITICAL SKILLS
Education and Experience
- 1 years’ experience in an administrative function preferred
- College Diploma / Degree preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Fully bilingual in French and English. Other languages an asset;
- Possess outstanding interpersonal/communication skills;
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner;
- Strong regard for business etiquette and confidentiality;
- Very capable of working in a strong team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility, initiative and a strong attention to detail;
- A proactive self starter with strong motivation to take on multiple initiatives with the ability to adjust to changing priorities and competing deadlines;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, creative environment while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Effectively manage time, prioritize workflows and schedules;
- Strong technical skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point are a must;
- Knowledge and enthusiasm about sport in Canada an asset
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect and Bravery.
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package
Please send all cover letters and resumes by September 11, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.