Paralympic Podium Pathway Advisor - CANADIAN PARALYMPIC COMMITTEE/OWN THE PODIUM
Post date: Jul. 26, 2018
Application Deadline: Aug. 31, 2018
Position Start Date: Sep. 24, 2018
About the Canadian Paralympic Committee
The Canadian Paralympic Committee is a non-profit, private organization with 25 member sports organizations dedicated to strengthening the Paralympic Movement. The Canadian Paralympic Committee's vision is to be the world's leading Paralympic nation. Its mission is to lead the development of a sustainable Paralympic sport system in Canada to enable athletes to reach the podium at the Paralympic Games. By supporting Canadian high performance athletes with a disability and promoting their success, the Canadian Paralympic Committee inspires all Canadians with a disability to get involved in sport through programs delivered by its member organizations. For more information, visit www.paralympic.ca
About Own the Podium:
Own the Podium (OTP) is a non-profit organization that provides technical support to National Sport Organizations (NSOs) with the aim of delivering Olympic and Paralympic medals for Canada. Own the Podium makes investment recommendations to national funding partners using an evidence based, expert driven, targeted and collaborative approach.
This position is made possible through a two – year partnership between OTP and CPC. The oversight of the partnership will be done through a CPC/OTP Joint Operational Framework, which includes a Management Group, Advisory Committee and individuals with direct oversight of the role. The CPC\OTP Joint Operational Framework will ensure alignment between the OTP Podium Pathway Strategy in addition to ensuring full integration with the CPC Paralympic Performance and Pathway work inclusive of Athlete ID, Transfer and Classification. The Management group and the Advisory Committee will be comprised of OTP and CPC representatives.
Scope of Position
The primary function of the Paralympic Podium Pathway Advisor is to work with Paralympic NSOs to guide the development of Podium Results Tracking/Winning styles of Play and Gold Medal Profiles using evidence-based indicators of podium potential performances. The Paralympic Podium Pathway Advisor will also provide direction to NSOs regarding the use of sport analytics for the identification, transfer, and development of podium potential athletes. In collaboration with the rest of the Podium Pathway team at OTP and in consultation with CPC, the advisor would establish a sport road map and sport readiness level in order to work in the area of Podium Pathway.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assess the current state of high - performance athlete development pathways of summer and Winter Paralympic sport to determine a needs priority within sports according to level of readiness.
- Provide regular tracking reports to the OTP\ CPC Management Group, OTP High Performance Advisors, CPC Paralympic Performance and Pathway Team regarding NSO progress in the development and implementation of Podium Pathways.
- Provide education and support to NSOs regarding the use of Podium Pathways in systematic gap analysis and evaluation of athlete/team podium potential.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of Gold Medal Profiles and Podium Results Tracking/Winning Style of Play in collaboration with key NSO personnel, OTP’s High Performance Advisors, and, where appropriate provide input to external agencies regarding data structuring and analytics.
- Support OTP High Performance Advisors in their work with targeted NSOs to align Gold Medal Profile and Podium Results Tracking/Winning Style of Play with high performance and development system plans.
- Attend relevant symposiums, conferences, etc. to stay abreast of trends and emerging thinking in analytics and related fields.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience working at a senior level in the high performance sport system.
- Previous experience working at a National Sport Organization is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of Paralympic Sport System in Canada.
- Technical experience in individual and/or team sport high performance environments is an asset.
- University Degree in sport related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Computer skills and knowledge of the MS Office Suite is required (advanced skill in Excel).
- Technical experience/knowledge of data management/visualization systems (e.g Tableau, Smartabase, Edge 10) is necessary.
- Bilingualism is a preferred.
- Demonstrates a sense of direction and purpose aligned with CPC and OTP’s vision, mission, guiding principles and goals.
- Driven by excellence in all facets, strives to be leading edge in own area of expertise and embraces opportunity for continuous improvement.
- Continually makes efforts to understand client needs in an inclusive, outreaching, adaptable manner.
- Behaves in an open, transparent, respectful, and fair manner and demonstrates these traits through ability to develop effective and collaborative relationships.
- Possesses an analytical and evidence-based approach in assessment of athletic potential.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the High Performance Athlete Pathways and the underpinning evidence based requirements to achieve Olympic and Paralympic successes.
- Self-monitors work to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills that can motivate behavioral and cultural change whilst having a positive impact on performance.
- Highly skilled in understanding and communicating complex data in terms that are easily understood by a wide range of audiences.
- Exemplifies CPC’s organizational values
- Work in preliminary in an office environment located at both the CPC or OTP headquarters in Ottawa.
- Overnight travel and offsite work may be required.
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends during busy periods, including Games and other special events.
CPC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, record of offences, age, marital status, family status or disability.
CPC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Interested applicants can apply by sending there cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than Friday August 31st, 2018.