Water Polo Canada announces rosters for the 2017 World Championships
Water Polo Canada – Ottawa, ON – July 13, 2017 – Water Polo Canada (WPC) has announced its women and men’s team rosters for the upcoming FINA World Championships to be held in Budapest, Hungary, from July 14-30, 2017.
Both Canadian teams have been training in Europe for the last weeks participating in various tournaments. In preparation for Worlds, our national teams also faced some of their potential opponents.
The following athletes have been selected for the 2017 FINA World Aquatic Championships:
- Jessica Gaudreault – Ottawa,ON
- Krystina Alogbo – Montréal, QC
- Axelle Crevier – Montréal, QC
- Emma Wright – Lindsay,ON
- Monika Eggens – Pitt Meadows, BC
- Kyra Christmas – High River, AB
- Joelle Bekhazi – Pointe-Claire, QC
- Elyse Lemay-Lavoie – Montréal, QC
- Hayley McKelvey – North Delta, BC
- Christine Robinson – Lachine, QC
- Kelly McKee – Calgary, AB
- Shae Fournier – Winnipeg, MB
- Ymane Hage – Montréal,QC
Women’s National Team Staff
- Head Coach :Theocharis Pavlidis
- Assistant Coach : David Paradelo
- Assistant Coach : Cora Campbell
- Manager : Laurence Melancon
- Physiotherapist : Félix Croteau
- Massage Therapist : Manon Prieur
- Strength & Conditioning Coach : Alain Delorme
- Mental Performance Consultant : Véronique Richard
- Video Analyst : Andrew Robinson
- High Performance Director : Justin Oliveira
“I would like our team to achieve a higher position than at the 2015 World Championships. Our main objective is to finish top 8 and with this team it is achievable. The main focus will be the cross-over game. I trust the players and the staff and I’m confident that we will have great success at the 17th FINA World Championships.” said Theocharis Pavlidis, Women’s National Team Head Coach.
The women’s national team will start its tournament on July 16 against Italy, 9:30 am local / 3:30 am Est. They will also face China on July 18 and Brazil on July 20. The crossover matches are scheduled on July 22nd.
- Milan Radenovic – Toronto, ON
- Gaelan Patterson – North Vancouver, BC
- Aria Soleimani – Calgary, AB
- Nicolas Constantin-Bicari – Montréal, QC
- Matthew Halajian – Maple Ridge, BC
- Scott Robinson – Calgary, AB
- Jérémie Blanchard – Longueil, QC
- David Lapins – Gatineau, QC
- Dusan Radojcic – Toronto, ON
- Reuel D’Souza – Port Coquitlam, BC
- George Torakis – Montréal, QC
- Devon Thumwood – Calgary, AB
- Robin Randall – Drinkwater, SK
Men’s National Team Staff
- Head Coach: Giuseppe ‘Pino’ Porzio
- Assistant Coach: Brian Parillo
- Assistant Coach/Team Leader: Jonathan Del Galdo
- Video Analyst: Francesco Rizzo
- Athletic Therapist: Nicole Difilippo
- High Performance Director: Justin Oliveira
“Water Polo Canada is really proud to represent Canada at the World Championships. Having the games being held here in Hungary is really special as it is considered one of the meccas of water polo with so much history in the sport. We are taking 10 athletes into these games that have never competed at a World Championship before so there is a real sense of excitement among the team.” mentioned Brian Parillo, Men’s National Team Assistant Coach.
Our men’s national team will start its tournament on July 17 against Montenegro, 10:50 am local / 4:50 am Est. They will also face Kazakhstan on July 19 and Brazil on July 21. The crossover matches are scheduled on July 23rd.
Canada’s games will be live streamed on www.cbcsports.ca.
The complete CBC Sports broadcasting/streaming schedule available HERE
For more information on the event, please visit: http://www.fina-budapest2017.com/
For further information and media requests, please contact:
Mylène Turcotte-Fitzgerald, Water Polo Canada Communications, (613) 748-5682 x325, email@example.com