The Coaching Association of Canada is Calling for Research Papers for the 2016 Research Symposium
Coaching Association of Canada – Researchers and coach education practitioners are invited to submit abstracts for oral and/or poster presentations in French or English that address issues related to coach education and coaching. Abstracts will be peer reviewed by an adjudication committee and selected participants will be invited to present in either an oral or poster format. The 2016 Research Symposium will take place during the Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference, which is scheduled for November 3-5 in Richmond, BC.
Preference will be given to topics that focus on coach education and coaching. Studies relating to athletes and athlete development will be considered only if applications to coach education and coaching are drawn clearly. Critical reviews of the literature as well as data-driven research will be considered. Some examples of relevant topics include:
- Conceptual Issues in Coach Education;
- Measuring the Impact and Effectiveness of Coach Education;
- Coach Evaluation;
- Women in Coaching;
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability;
- Recruitment and Retention of Coaches;
- Ethical Issues in Coaching;
- Teaching Methods in Coach Education;
- Technology in Coaching and Coach Education;
- Effective Coaching Practices;
- Application of Sport Science Information to Coaching Practice;
- Trends in Coaching and the Coaching Job Market;
- Preparation of Present and Future National Coaches; and
- Research related to athlete preparation (e.g., physiological, biomechanical, and psychological preparation) will be considered if the paper deals specifically with the implications and specific recommendations to coaches and coach educators.
Submissions must be sent to the CAC’s Coaching Research Committee at email@example.com and received by Friday, June 10, 2016, 11:59 pm EDT.
Manager, Communications | Gestionnaire, communications