I·SPARC – I·SPARC (The Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council) invites First Nations, Métis Chartered Communities, Friendship Centres and other not-for-profit Indigenous organizations in one of four regions: Fraser, Interior,Vancouver Coastal and Vancouver Island to apply to host a Sport Development Camp, Coaching Certification Course, and/or Officials Training Session in their community.
Each of our Regional Committees have identified priority sports for their respective region, as indicated below. These priority sports serve as the focal point for region-wide sport development in the areas of youth sport camps, and coaching/officials development.
Note: Requests for community sport development activities outside of the list of priority sports are welcome and the Regional Coordinating Group will consider these requests during the application review and selection process.
HOST ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Appoint representative as primary contact between the Regional Coordinator & Camp/Clinic Facilitator
- Consider inviting local Elder/Knowledge Keeper to open or close your camp (honorarium available)
- Promote the event within surrounding communities (e.g. circulate and post event posters)
- Collect the online registrations and have registrations forms available at your event when permitted
- Ensure all necessary equipment (e.g. audio visual, sports gear, cones, tables, chairs etc.)
- Ensure appropriate emergency plan (identify first aid plan, local EMS, and have contact info ready)
- Check-in all participants and have representative on-site at event
- Provide final participation list as part of final report
- MUST fill out an on-line post-event report (within 7 days of event)
- MUST provide all invoices to the Regional Coordinator (within 14 days of the event)
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 14, 2017 AT 5:00 pm, for program delivery dates from July to September, 2017.