Sport Calgary Commends Hon. Kent Hehr’s Appointment as Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities
Sport Calgary – CALGARY, Alberta — Sport Calgary strongly supports the appointment of Hon. Kent Hehr to the important role of Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities.
“Hon. Kent Hehr has been a long-time supporter of sport in Calgary and we are thrilled that he will continue to do so in his new federal cabinet role,” said Murray Sigler, Sport Calgary CEO. “Sport organizations across Canada will be happy to see a strong advocate in the role of Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities.”
As Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities, Hon. Hehr will continue improving the quality, accessibility, and affordability of sport for all Canadians. This includes highlighting the achievements of athletes and persons with disabilities. These goals closely align with Sport Calgary’s mission of supporting and influencing the growth of sport in Calgary for its diverse population.
Over 380,000 Calgarians are currently registered in sport with one of the more than 400 local sport organizations. Inclusive sport and wellness opportunities are vital to the quality of life for all Calgarians.
Sport Calgary congratulates Hon. Hehr and looks forward to supporting him as Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities.
For further information, please contact David Benson, Director, Marketing & Communications, at 403.671.1789 or email@example.com.
About Sport Calgary
Sport Calgary is a volunteer non-profit society, representing sport in the city of Calgary. In 2017, Sport Calgary was designated as a Civic Partner of the City of Calgary. As an advocate of sport, we strive to assist, support and influence the growth of sport in Calgary by:
- Playing a lead role in the implementation of the Calgary Civic Sport Policy, and ensuring it continues to create a vision for sport in Calgary from introductory to high performance levels.
- Continually identifying and assessing the needs of the sport community and facility stakeholders.
- Encouraging development and enhancement of appropriate facilities and the efficient utilization of current facilities.
- Fostering collaboration within the sport community and coordination of resources amongst stakeholders to develop and enhance facilities.
- Increasing the profile of sport in Calgary, and advocating the values and benefits of sport.
- Facilitating education and training opportunities for athletes, coaches, officials, administrators, parents and volunteers.
- Acting as a resource for sport organizations.
- Encouraging the hosting of sport events and sport tourism in Calgary.
David Benson | Director, Marketing and Communications
Phone: 403.984.0971 | Mobile: 403.671.1789