SOFTBALL ONTARIO SEEKS A CHAIR FOR IT’S COACHES PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Softball Ontario – SOFTBALL ONTARIO SEEKS A CHAIR FOR IT’S COACHES PROGRAM COMMITTEE
TORONTO, ONTARIO – Softball Ontario is now accepting applications for the volunteer position of its Coaches Program Committee Chair. The successful candidate will be an active part of Softball Ontario’s National Coaching Certification Program, which is an opportunity for Coaches across Ontario to enhance their softball coach education.
To help Softball Ontario run a successful Coaching Program, Softball Ontario is looking for a Chair who will take on the task of attending and leading all the Coaches Committee meetings and overseeing daily operations in conjunction with Committee Members and the Softball Ontario’s Technical Program Specialist to ensure assigned tasks are completed by their deadlines. Knowledge and experience in coaching softball is a requirement.
Highlights of the qualifications and responsibilities of the Softball Ontario’s Coaches Committee Chair include:
- Strong communication and administrative skills
- An excellent understanding of the National Coaching Certification Program
- Must be a “Certified” in Competition-Introduction, Softball Coach
- Must sign Softball Ontario’s Confidentiality Agreement
- Must complete Softball Ontario’s Volunteer Application
- To schedule, establish an agenda and chair Coaches Committee meetings
- To delegate duties as required to Coaches Committee Members and follow up on the completion of these duties
- To communicate closely with Softball Ontario’s Technical Programs Specialists, Softball Ontario’s Executive Director and report to Softball Ontario’s Board of Directors
- To determine the Softball Ontario’s Coaches Committee budget (with assistance Softball Ontario Staff)
- To prepare and present the Coaches Program Report to Softball Ontario Board of Directors at their two (2) annual meetings
- To organize and ensure the smooth running of Coach Developer training in conjunction with Softball Ontario’s four (4) Master Coach Developers
- To ensure the delivery of the National Coaching Certification Program for Softball in the Province of Ontario
- To oversee Softball Ontario’s Coaches Symposium
How to Apply
All interested candidates are asked to apply in writing, expressing their interest along with a detailed resume outlining your Softball, Coaching, Facilitating and professional background and qualifications for this position. Applications should be sent no later than April 30, 2018- 4:30 pm.
In the coming weeks, Softball Ontario will collect and evaluate all applications, and choose a candidate. Softball Ontario is confident that the Coaches Program will be a huge success and will produce future Coaches of tomorrow.
Email your resume to Steph Sutton at firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration.
Softball Ontario is the governing body for the sport of softball in Ontario. Our goal is to promote and develop the sport of softball for its athletes, officials, and volunteers by providing programs and services at all levels of competitions.