Semi-Annual Meeting Notice of Meeting
January 30, 2022
9:00am PST / 10:00am MST / 11:00am CST / 12:00pm EST / 1:00pm ATL / 1:30pm NL
NOTICE is hereby given to all members of Rowing Canada Aviron that the RCA Semi-Annual Meeting will be held at 09:00h PST on January 30, 2022 via Zoom Conference Link
- Call to order
- Establishment of a quorum
- Identification of the scrutineer
- Adoption of minutes of previous Annual Meeting: September 23, 2021 (download here)
- Adoption of minutes of previous Semi-Annual meeting: January 31, 2021 (download here)
- Presentation of reports: 2021 Annual Report (to be provided)
- Report from the 2021 Committee on Dues and Fees (download here)
- Proposed Amendments to the RCA By-Laws (download here)
- Proposed Amendments to the Rules of Racing* (Major Motions, Minor Motions)
- Proposal from a Member – Dominion Day Regatta Association (download here)
- Other business
A member association or club in good standing may appoint any designated representative to vote on behalf of their association or club – in that case a proxy form is not required. As a result, we recommend that every club or association designates a representative to attend this virtual meeting, but we can provide a proxy form if required – please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Semi-Annual Meeting documents are also posted on the RCA website.
The 2022 Semi-Annual Meeting is a virtual Zoom meeting that any member or RCA registered participant can attend. Registration will open later this month and will be included with the National Conference registration links.
We note that designated representative for each member club/association will receive additional information regarding registration and online voting procedures for the Semi-Annual Meeting.
Please contact us if you have any questions about these procedures: email@example.com
*20.2 Rules of Racing
Section 20.1 shall not apply to the RCA Rules of Racing, including the Rules of Racing Appendices, which shall only be amended once during the quadrennial following the Summer Olympic Games by Ordinary Resolution of the members at a Semi-Annual meeting of the members following a comprehensive review. The Board of Directors shall appoint a working group to conduct such a review every four years to take account of any changes made by FISA to its Rules of Racing in the year following the Summer Olympic Games. In cases of force majeure, including but not limited to reasons of safety or fairness, the Board of Directors may make an alteration to the Rules of Racing to take immediate full force and effect until the next Meeting of members at which the alteration will be repealed, confirmed or amended.