Rugby Canada Men’s XV Team Announced for Saturday’s Test Against Uruguay
Rugby Canada – Vancouver, BC – February 4, 2016: Rugby Canada has announced its Senior Men’s XV Team that will face Uruguay in the first round of the Americas Rugby Championship. The International Test Match takes place this Saturday at Westhills Stadium in Langford, BC. Kickoff is at 4:00pm PST.
Jake Ilnicki of Williams Lake, BC, gets the nod at the Tight-head prop position. He will be among familiar faces, with Oak Bay’s Castaway Wanderers Rugby Club accounting for all three front row starters, including Team Captain Hubert Buydens at Loose-head Prop and Ray Barkwill at Hooker. Victoria’s Callum Morrison, who suits up for Vancouver based club UBCOB Ravens, gets the start in the second row.
Matches featuring BC Rugby Clubs Castaway Wanderers RC and Capilano RFC will precede the game, with Division 1 Men playing at 12:00pm and Premier Men starting at 1:30pm in Westhills Stadium. The two clubs will also meet in Premier Women’s action at Langford’s Goudy Field, starting at 11:30am.
Tickets are available at the Westhills Stadium gate, which opens at 11:00am on Saturday, or online at events.rugbycanada.ca.
BC Rugby would like to congratulate all the athletes on making the Team and wish them good luck in this important contest.
Rugby Canada’s National Senior Men’s Team to face Uruguay
1. Hubert Buydens (Captain) of Saskatoon, SK (Castaway Wanderers)
2. Ray Barkwill of Niagara Falls, ON (Castaway Wanderers)
3. Jake Ilnicki of Williams Lake, BC (Castaway Wanderers)
4. Paul Ciulini of Vaughan, ON (Aurora Barbarians)
5. Callum Morrison of Victoria, BC (UBCOB Ravens)
6. Kyle Gilmour of St. Albert, AB (Rotherham Titans)
7. Lucas Rumball of Scarborough, ON (Balmy Beach RFC)
8. Clay Panga of Calgary, AB (Westshore RFC)
9. Gordon McRorie of Calgary, AB (Calgary Hornets)
10. Gradyn Bowd of Calgary, AB (UVIC Vikes)
11. Dan Moor of Toronto, ON (Balmy Beach RFC)
12. Nick Blevins of Calgary, AB (Calgary Hornets)
13. Mozac Samson of Calgary, AB (Calgary Saints)
14. Phil Mackenzie of Oakville, ON (Sale Sharks)
15. Pat Parfrey of St. John’s, NL (Swilers RFC)
16. Eric Howard of Ottawa, ON (Brantford Harlequins)
17. Djustice Sears-Duru of Oakville, ON (Castaway Wanderers)
18. Rob Brouwer of Lindsay, ON (Lindsay RFC)
19. Kyle Baillie of Summerside, PEI (Halifax Tars)
20. Alistair Clark of Oakville, ON (Bay Street Pigs)
21. Michael Hamson of Halifax, NS (Halifax Tars)
22. Andrew Ferguson of Mississauga, ON (Oakville Crusaders)
23. Duncan Maguire of St. Albert, AB (St. Albert RFC)
Senior Men’s Coaching Staff:
Francois Ratier – Interim Head Coach
Jamie Cudmore of Squamish, BC (ASM Clermont Auvergne) – Forwards/defence coach
Graeme Moffat – Attack coach
Mike Shelley – Scrum coach
Chris Silverthorn – Forwards coach
Andy Evans – Strength and Conditioning coach
James Kent – Video analyst
Canada vs Uruguay will be streamed live on rugbycanada.ca
BC Rugby Club curtain raiser games will be streamed live on bcrugby.com/live.
Tickets are available in advance at events.rugbycanada.ca or at the gate, which opens at 11:00am on Saturday.
For media accreditation and passes, please contact:
email@example.com, 250.418.8998 x314
For more information about the Americas Rugby Championship, visit rugbycanada.ca
More information about BC Rugby
The British Columbia Rugby Union, commonly known as BC Rugby, is the governing body for Rugby in British Columbia and is a Provincial Union of Rugby Canada, the national governing body. Representing over 7,500 individuals registered through around 60 Member Clubs and Associations across the Province, BC Rugby leads and manages the sport with the aim to grow participation and develop excellence in all games of Rugby and in all facets of the sport.