Request for Proposal – Web Hosting / Development
CSCA – Project Summary
CSCA wishes to create a new website that is professionally designed and developed to be user friendly and easy to navigate, both on the front and back ends. We are looking for expertise in the development of a website strategy, site design and structure, and the implementation of a new, robust and flexible content management system (CMS).
It is important to note that the website solution provided must offer users the ability to navigate content in both English and French.
One of the main objectives of the website project is to have the Bidder address current issues regarding outdated technology and how to best move our website forward to current standards.
We want the new website to be our number one vehicle to deliver a wide variety of content and engage (in a way that offers true value to) our diverse group of stakeholders. Stakeholders include but are not limited to:
- 600+ high performance athletes and coaches
- National and provincial sport organizations and their administrators
- Facility partners
- CSCA staff and Board of Directors
- Sponsors and funding partners
- External clientele
For design we’re looking to ensure the new site looks great, is easy to navigate, works on mobile devices, and clearly defines our mandate in the process.
More specifically, we’re looking for:
- Possible content migration (content development is not expected)
- Maintain brand consistency (CSCA and COPSIN) in design and development
- Up to date with industry trends and standards – compatible with all operating platforms, browsers and mobile responsiveness.
- Ongoing maintenance and support services
- Ability to edit pages through CMS
- New host provider – provide recommendations and pricing for hosting
- Email hosting (if possible)
- Maintain cscatlantic.ca as domain name
- Multiple levels of access and publishing options for multiple users and content contributors
- Scalability of design to accommodate growth and organizational changes
- Provide review of current website and analyze its performance to evaluate its strengths and weaknesses before implementing and recommending design changes
- Redesign site for better functionality and user experience – streamlined, simple, modern look and feel
- Low maintenance site that is simple, professional, and user-friendly
- Intuitive navigation
- French/English – also built with accessibility in mind
- Subscription services (newsletter)
- Web integration – Social media integration, newsletter integration
- Some graphic design work
Full RFP Document: CSCA RFP