Reminder: Next 2018 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series Entry Deadline is April 15
Euqestrian Canada – Ottawa, ON, March 21, 2018 – Don’t miss out on the opportunity to participate in the third leg of the 2018 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series. The deadline for submission is coming up quickly on April 15, 2018.
The third leg of the series will feature two top para-dressage judges as video evaluators. EC Dressage, Para-Dressage and Eventing Judge, Judy Turner of Abbotsford, BC will judge Classes #1-13. Classes #14-16 will be judged by retired FEI 4* Para-Dressage Judge, Chris Porterfield (GBR).
New Online Video Portal
The 2018 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series features a new online portal that allows athletes to upload video entries for online review and evaluation from an EC certified para-dressage judge. The portal features the ability to pause, rewind and play the submitted video while simultaneously reviewing the judge’s remarks. This resource provides a great opportunity for riders to implement a judge’s feedback and develop their skills in a competition environment.
Important Details to Note:
- All riders with physical and/or intellectual impairments are welcome to compete in the Para-Dressage Video Competition Series. Classes are available for both classified and unclassified riders.
- Gold level para-dressage classes are open to classified riders who have experience competing in EC Gold level competitions.
- International para-equestrian dressage classes are open to international classified riders. Classified riders must compete within their grade.
- The 2018 para-dressage tests have been launched and are available at www.equestrian.ca/sport/para-equestrian/tests.
- Please read the video competition rules and entry instructions carefully before submitting your entry, as this document contains important information. For example, only videos uploaded through YouTube will be permitted. No other formats are accepted.
- Entries for each competition close at 11:59 p.m. ET. Please ensure that you create your video with sufficient time for submission, as all closing dates and times are final and cannot be extended.
- Athletes must be EC Sport Licence Holders and Para-Equestrian Affiliates to participate. Don’t forget to renew your memberships before April 3, 2018 to avoid late fees.
To download class information and to enter online, please visit www.equestrian.ca/sport/para-equestrian/programs.
To participate in the April 2018 leg of the 2018 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series, be sure to submit your entry by April 15, 2018.
The remaining 2018 competition entry deadlines are as follows:
- May 15, 2018
- Oct. 15, 2018
- Nov. 15, 2018
About the Para-Dressage Video Competition Series
The Para-Dressage Video Competition Series provides riders of all levels and abilities with the opportunity to compete in a progressive and structured environment. Participants are judged by EC certified para-dressage judges against similar riders across Canada, and are eligible to place and win great prizes.
Video competitions encourage riders to develop effective riding skills, and are a fantastic way to ensure that all riders nationwide have the chance to compete. Competition is an integral part of athlete development, and offers a sense of empowerment and accomplishment to all those that participate.
For additional information, please contact:
1-866-282-8395 x 146
*French versions of the information packages are available upon request.
– 30 –
EC Media Contact /
Personne-ressource de CE pour les médias :