Register to Skate at Your Local Skate Canada Club!
Skate Canada – OTTAWA, ON: Skate Canada is excited to kick off the 2016-2017 skating season with a reminder to register for skating programs at your local Skate Canada club or skating school. Skating is an integral part of the Canadian experience, and with a diverse offering of programs, aspiring participants of all-ages can learn at their own pace. All Skate Canada member coaches hold National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) certification, first aid and valid police clearance checks and quality instruction is available at all 1,200 member clubs and skating schools across the country.
We are pleased to announce that registration for the 2016-2017 season is officially underway! Skate Canada is happy to offer a wide-range of programs, from CanSkate, presented by Canadian Tire, for beginners of any age to AdultSkate, for adults looking to continue their healthy lifestyle. For those looking to join a team, our Synchronized Skating programs are tailored for groups of eight or more skaters performing as a team.
Skate Canada’s recently revitalized CanSkate program is accessible to all Canadians and has been implemented in all member clubs and skating schools nationwide. The CanSkate program is based on principles of Sport Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD), and offers great tools, great coaching and a tested and proven curriculum and delivery methods that guarantee for strong basic skills and quicker skating development. The CanSkate program also teaches skills that prepare skaters for other popular Canadian sports like hockey, ringette and speed skating, by working on the skaters’ balance, speed, control and agility.
Other programs clubs may offer include:
- CanPowerSkate, with a focus on balance, power, agility and endurance, this program is perfect for those looking to enhance their hockey and ringette skating skills.
- STARSkate, a diverse program that aims to enhance figure skating skills in four different disciplines.
- CompetitiveSkate, a program that aims to identify and enhance potential competitive skating talent, by incorporating tests and other training opportunities into the curriculum.
- AdultSkate, dynamic program offering CanSkate, STARSkate and CanPowerSkate programs aimed at adults.
- SynchroSkate, streamlined discipline of skating that involves groups of eight or more skaters performing various group formations and manoeuvres.
- Athletes with a disability and Special Olympic athletes may join in any and all of the Skate Canada programs.
Learning to skate is a natural part of Canadian life. From early steps on the ice, holding onto a parent’s hand, to skating as a family activity, or moving on to other ice sports, skating offers a rich, active experience. Skate Canada’s wide array of programs have been designed to cover all aspects of skating development, and there is a program right for you!
To learn more about skating programs near you, please contact your nearest club using Skate Canada’s Find a Club page or visit Skate Canada’s website at www.skatecanada.ca under the ‘Skating Lessons’ tab and get skating with us!
+1 (613) 747-1007 ext. 2547