January 4, 2018
Five reasons to attend the 2018 Sport for Life Canadian Summit
Sport for Life – The deadline to register for the 2018 Sport for Life Canadian Summit at the regular rate closes January 10. The Summit takes place in Gatineau, Quebec from January 23-25. Here are five reasons you should attend:
1. Quality and Variety of Presentations
We’re very excited to announce that 140-plus presenters — all leaders in their respective fields and sectors, and bringing expertise and perspective from 14 different countries — will deliver more than 90 sessions!
These presenters will share leading-edge research, findings, and best practices from across seven different streams. For the first time ever, one of our Summit streams is sponsored by a Canadian charity committed to making play and sport accessible for kids of all abilities. Our Inclusion stream is presented by Canadian Tire Jumpstart Charities.
2. Innovative Workshops
In addition to the two conference days, we are offering engaging, collaborative pre- and post-conference workshops that you can register for. Find out more in the workshop section.
As well, the World Long-Term Athlete Development Symposium (WLTAD) takes place on Friday, January 26, also at the Hilton Lac-Leamy. The WLTAD creates a platform for researchers and coaches to discuss their individual discoveries for better two-way communication and ongoing support.
Physical Literacy Instructor Program workshops offered in Ottawa, January 2018
The Sport for Life Society, Coaching Association of Canada, and HIGH FIVE® have come together to support recreation leaders, coaches and others in becoming a physical literacy instructor.
The Physical Literacy Instructor Program is a national, blended e-learning and in-person training experience that provides the opportunity to become a recognized physical literacy instructor.
Register for the workshop(s) you need to work towards becoming a Physical Literacy Instructor:
- January 26 — NCCP Fundamental Movement Skills ($55.00)
- January 23 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. — HIGH FIVE® Sport ($70.00)
- January 23 from 1 p.m.-5 p.m. — Quality Physical Literacy Experiences ($99.95)
Learn more about the Physical Literacy Instructor Program.
Direct any questions you have to Alex Wilson, Sport for Life Education and Evaluation Manager: email@example.com.
3. Inspiring Keynotes
Over the two conference days you will hear four inspiring keynote presenters share their stories.
- Alan Ashley, Chief of Sport Performance for the United States Olympic Committee, will discuss how the American Development Model — adapted from the Long-Term Athlete Development Framework — has been modified, implemented and embraced by sports in the U.S.
- Ian Bird, Two-time Olympian and President of Community Foundations of Canada, will explain how sport can draw on the strengths of philanthropy and the assets of a community to strengthen our social fabric and build belonging for all.
- Dr. Amanda Visek, PhD, CMPC, has discovered how to identify the exact determinants of what makes sport fun.
- Lanny McDonald, NHL legend, will deliver a keynote address on inclusion in sport and physical activity, supported by Canadian Tire JumpStart Charities.
4. Opportunities to Network and Socialize
Throughout the conference you will have ample opportunity to network and socialize with presenters and delegates alike. Prior to the Town Hall session on Wednesday evening there will be a reception with appies and a cash bar.
Be sure to check out the many exhibitor booths while you enjoy lunch!
5. Professional Development Points Available
By attending the Summit, you will be eligible to earn three NCCP points through the Locker upon request. Contact Hannah Mashon for more information —firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you very much,
Sport for Life Team
Sport for Life Team