Five reasons to attend the 2020 Sport for Life Canadian Summit!
November 7, 2019
Sport for Life Society - Victoria, B.C. – We are excited to inform you that the 2020 Sport for Life Canadian Summit is only three months away! The Summit takes place in Gatineau, Quebec from January 28–30, and you can register at the early-bird rate until November 28.
Here are five reasons you should attend:
1. Quality and Variety of Presentations
The theme of the 2020 Summit is “Celebrating Success”. We're very excited to announce that 90-plus presenters -- all leaders in their respective fields and sectors, and bringing expertise and perspective from several countries -- will deliver more than 60 sessions! These presenters will share leading-edge research, findings, and best practices from across six different streams.
We have an all-star line-up of accomplished and influential keynote presenters in store. You will hear from keynote panels as well as individual presentations, from such names as Jean-Luc Brassard, Tanya Mruck, Joy SpearChief-Morris, Robert Bettauer, Fabrice Vil, Jennifer Tomlinson, and Cindy Ouellet.
We will be announcing five more keynote presenters soon!
3. Innovative Workshops
In addition to the two conference days, we are offering engaging, collaborative pre-Summit workshops that you can register for.
- How to team up for a safe and healthy sport environment – Sport’Aide and Sport for Life with Sylvain Croteau and Andrea Carey
- Francophone Day – Sport for Life, Réseau Accès Participation and Sport’Aide with Kim Samson, Pierre Morin and Sylvain Croteau
- Quality Sport for Communities and Clubs – Sport for Life with Richard Way
- Physical Literacy 501: Inclusive Physical Literacy – Sport for Life with Andrea Carey
- The Inter-Active for Life (IA4L) curriculum resource: Developing relational awareness through warm-up inter-activities – University of Ottawa with Dr. Rebecca Lloyd
- Count Us In – Happilife by Design with Meredith Gardner
- Indigenous Long-Term Participant Development Pathway: Supporting Indigenous Participation – Sport for Life with Greg Henhawk
When you create your account on Conference Manager, you will find all the workshop on page 8. Select the one you want to attend. The pre-Summit workshops, to be held on January 27 and 28, are not included in the Summit registration fee. All workshops include coffee and tea but only the full-day workshops include lunch. If you are attending a half-day workshop on Tuesday, please note lunch is not included.
4. Opportunities to Network, Socialize, and Enjoy the Region
This year, we invite delegates to attend a "Gatineau pour la vie" cocktail event at the Hilton Lac-Leamy on Wednesday, January 29 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. Come and celebrate the local products of this beautiful region with a special menu built just for this event in collaboration with City of Gatineau and Tourism Outaouais. Build new relationships, connect with key influencers, discover new opportunities – all certified Outaouais #fun!
5. Professional Development Points Available
By attending the Summit, you will be eligible to earn three NCCP points through the Locker upon request.
Contact Claudine Gilbert for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to recognize and thank our Summit partners: