FINAL REMINDER:Â 2017 HomeRun Sports Coach of the Year Nominations are being accpeted!
Softball Ontario – KAHUNAVERSE SPORTS COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD
Do you know a coach who:
- Respects everyone who is involved with the game and demonstrates good sportsmanship?
- Is concerned with the complete development of all their players?
- Is a positive coaching role model?
- Tries to become a better coach through education and training?
- Is able to improve the performance of the players and team they coach?
- Shares their expertise with the softball community?
If you answered YES to these questions, then this person is a candidate for the Kahunaverse Sports Coach of the Year!
- The coach shall be a Canadian citizen/landed immigrant.
- The coach shall be fully certified (at any softball NCCP level) to qualify.
- The coach shall be nominated by a player, softball club or league executive, district softball organization, community service group, municipal council or local school board. (No personal nominations will be accepted.)
Nominations must include:
- Coach’s name, address, and phone number(s)
- Name, address, and phone number(s) of nominating individual or group
- Record of nominee’s coaching experience
- Coach’s record of softball NCCP activity
- Record of coaching achievements/player progress
- Coach’s role in developing and improving sport, coaching and athletes in their community
- Personal highlights
- Letter of support from respective Provincial/Territorial Softball Association
- It is strongly recommended to include letters of support from athletes that have been coached by the nominee or letters from other sources to give the selection committee a good understanding of the nominee’s coaching ability
- Picture of nominee. Can be a head and shoulders shot or a photo of nominee actively coaching
If you would like a copy of the nomination form for the Kahunaverse Sports Coach of the Year Award click here or contact Kristin Noonan by email at email@example.com.
Deadline for submission of a COY nomination is October 1st, 2018. (Please note starting in 2019 the deadline will be moving to September 15th annually)
Please send nominations (email submissions preferred) to:
Attn: Kristin Noonan
Suite 212 – 223 Colonnade Road, Ottawa, ON, K2E 7K3
(P) 613-523-3386, x3104 (F) 613-523-5761