August 29, 2018
Equestrian Canada to Name Team Canada for 2018 World Equestrian Games
Equestrian Canada – Palgrave, ON (Caledon Equestrian Park): Equestrian Canada (EC) will announce the 39 high performance equestrian athletes who will represent Canada at the FEI World Equestrian Games ™ Tryon 2018 (WEG). The games are held every four years in the middle of the Olympic cycle, and represent one of the biggest events on the global sporting calendar, featuring world championships for eight equestrian disciplines.
- What: Announcement of the Canadian Equestrian Team to represent Canada at the FEI World Equestrian Games.
- When: Sept. 1, 2018, 6 p.m.
- Where: Caledon Equestrian Park – Indoor Arena, 200 Pine Ave, Palgrave, ON
- Who: This week, the Caledon Equestrian Park is home to the Trillium Championships, the provincial championships for Ontario equestrians. The winners from each youth class will be invited to participate in the Canadian Equestrian Team announcement on Saturday evening. Each participant will be handed a rolled-up flag with an athlete’s name on it. During the announcement, each young rider will unroll their flag to showcase the selected athlete, making for a fun event that embodies the true #PonyToPodium vision of EC.
- Why: The 2018 edition of WEG will be held in Mill Spring, NC, over 13 days from September 11-23, 2018 at Tryon International Equestrian Center.
For more information, visit www.equestrian.ca/events-results/games/ridetotryon.
EC Media Contact / Personne-ressource de CE pour les médias : Jessie Christie