Dual season Olympian Phylicia George joins athlete panel for #ACTF2018 press conference
Athletics Canada – OTTAWA – Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic stars have arrived in Ottawa to compete in the 2018 Canadian Track & Field Championships and to earn their spot on the 2018 NACAC Championships team. The event, which is currently underway at Terry Fox Athletic Facility, runs through Sunday, July 8.
What: Four of Canada’s finest – World champion Brent Lakatos, Commonwealth Games silver medallist Aaron Brown and World finalists Crystal Emmanuel and Phylicia George – will assemble trackside at Terry Fox Athletic Facility to help preview the senior portion of the 2018 Canadian Track & Field Championships.
The formal press conference, emceed by CTV Ottawa’s Matt Skube, will be followed by a photo opportunity featuring the athletes and special guests. The athletes, as well as Athletics Canada’s head coach, Glenroy Gilbert, will then be available for brief one-on-ones.
When: Thursday, July 5, at 11 a.m.
Where: Terry Fox Athletic Facility (100-metre start line), 2960 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, Ont.
- Aaron Brown – Olympic bronze medallist and Commonwealth Games silver medallist
- Crystal Emmanuel – World finalist, Canadian champion and national record holder
- Phylicia George – Dual season Olympian (bronze medallist in the two-man bobsled), Canadian champion, Olympic and World finalist
- Brent Lakatos – Paralympic Gold medallist, World champion, Canadian and World record holder
- Jim Watson, Mayor of the City of Ottawa
- Rob Guy, Athletics Canada Chief Executive Officer
- Glenroy Gilbert, Athletics Canada Head Coach
- Local children and youth currently enrolled with the Ottawa Lions
Members of the media looking to cover the Championships are asked to fill-out the media accreditation request form located on the Championships webpage.
Please note, complementary parking will be available to media representatives covering the press conference and Championships at the Hogs Back Marina July 5-8.
For more information, please contact: