CYCLING CANADA ANNOUNCES WORLD-CLASS TEAM FOR PARA-CYCLING WORLD CUP
Cycling Canada – (Ottawa, ON – May 16, 2016) Cycling Canada is pleased to announce that 19 riders will be representing Canada at the second round of the Para-Cycling World Cup in Ostend, Belgium, on May 20-22. Ostend is the last major competition for the para-cycling squad before the Paralympic Games, and the final selection event for the team.
The team will be led by 2012 Paralympic champion Robbi Weldon of Ottawa, ON, plus Shelley Gautier of Toronto, ON, and Tristen Chernove of Cranbrook, BC, both multi-time world champions. The team includes riders from the tandem, tricycle, handcycle and bicycle divisions.
While most of the athletes will participate in both the time trial and road race events for their categories, the objective of the project is to achieve podium results in the time trials, as well as assess the competitiveness of the Canadian athletes in the international field as they begin final preparations for the Paralympic Games.
PARA-CYCLING WORLD CUP #2, OSTEND, BELGIUM – MAY 20-22
- Shelley Gautier (Toronto, ON) Time Trial/Road Race, WT1
- Marie-Eve Croteau (Quebec, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, WT2
- Marie-Claude Molnar (Montreal, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, WC4
- Nicole Clermont (St Denis de Brompton, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, WC5
- Robbi Weldon (Ottawa, ON) Time Trial/Road Race, WB
- Audrey Lemieux (Montreal, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, WB
- Shawna Ryan (Saskatoon, SK) Time Trial/Road Race, WB
- Joanie Caron (Rimouski, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, WB
- Mike Sametz (Calgary, AB) Time Trial/Road Race, MC3
- Tristen Chernove (Cranbrook, BC) Time Trial/Road Race, MC2
- Louis-Albert Jolin-Corriveau (St-Claire, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, MT2
- Rico Morneau (St-Liguori, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, MH3
- Daniel Chalifour (Mont-Laurier, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, MB
- Jean-Michel Lachance (Quebec, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, MB
- Alexandre Carrier (Bromont, QC) Road Race, MB
- Aroussen Laflamme (St Augustin des Maures, QC) Road Race, MB
- Charles Moreau (Victoriaville, QC) Time Trial/Road Race, MH3
- Ross Wilson (Sherwood Park, AB) Time Trial, MC1
- Alex Hyndman (Morpeth, ON) Time Trial/Road Race, MH3
ABOUT CYCLING CANADA
Cycling Canada is the governing body for competitive cycling in Canada. Founded in 1882, Cycling Canada aims to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to achieve Olympic, Paralympic, and World Championship medal performances. With the vision of being a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting, Cycling Canada manages the High-Performance team, hosts national and international events and administers community programs to promote Cycling in Canada. For more information, please visit: www.cyclingcanada.ca.
– 30 –
Cycling Canada Cyclisme
Cell. 403 669-5015