CSI Pacific Brings Innovation To The Forefront With Their 2018 Research Day
Canadian Sport Institute Pacific – VICTORIA, BC – On Friday, January 26th, the Canadian Sport Institute Pacificwill host its third annual Research Sharing Day. Research Day is an important event within Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (CSI Pacific), as it allows staff and associated professionals to share sport-related research that they are working on. This day presents an opportunity for multisport and Interdisciplinary learning for attendees that will benefit all our staff, and subsequently all our NSO partners. The event will take place at CSI Pacific’s Victoria Campus.
The aim of the research presented is to benefit Canada’s current and future Olympians and Paralympians through innovation and applied learnings.
This year, the presentations scheduled have speakers from a number of different organizations and backgrounds speaking on current innovation and research. Organizations providing speakers include:
- Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
- International Collaboration On Repair Discoveries (ICORD)
- Simon Fraser University
- SUVA Technologies
- University of British Columbia
- University of Victoria
These presentations will cover a wide range of subjects, and will provide an all-encompassing learning environment for all staff and guests attending.
Topics that will be covered throughout the day include:
- Athlete Force Velocity Profiling
- Inferential Statistics Reporting on High Performance Data
- UBC Sport Research: An update on recent academic projects with knowledge transfer opportunities for elite sport
- Investigating Workload Monitoring in Swimming
- Leveraging the unique physiology of elite athletes with spinal cord injury to improve exercise performance
- Individualizing loading strategies to maximize the efficacy of sodium bicarbonate supplementation
- The Effect of Docosahexaenoic Acid Supplementation on Biomarkers of Concussion over the Course of a Year in Canadian National Rugby Players
- Using EEG to monitor cognitive fatigue and concussion
- Using EEG to predict performance
- Quantifying training: from cells to wearables
- “If you build it, they will come” Applied Research at the Athletics Canada Flagstaff Altitude Camp – 2016 & 2017
Once the presentations are complete, attendees will participate in group discussions about the day’s topics, as well as other current research and innovations on which they are working.
About CSI Pacific: Powering Performance. Inspiring Excellence.
Offering world-class Olympic and Paralympic training environments in Vancouver, Whistler and Victoria, Canadian Sport Institute Pacific (www.csipacific.ca) is committed to Powering Performance. Inspiring Excellence.
Working with national sport organizations and fueled by our national and provincial partners such as Sport Canada, viaSport, Own the Podium, Canadian Olympic Committee, Canadian Paralympic Committee and the Coaches Association of Canada, we are driven by our mantra to Collaborate. Serve. Innovate.
Our team of sport science, sport medicine, coaching & life services experts provide leading-edge programs and services to athletes and coaches to ensure they have every advantage to win medals for Canada.
For more info contact: