Canadian World Rowing Junior Team is set for racing in Racice
Rowing Canada Aviron – Rowing Canada Aviron (RCA) announced the selection of five crews for the Junior National Team in early July. The team consists of thirteen talented rowers under the age of 19, hailing from ten clubs across Canada.
Peterborough native, Grace VandenBroek will race in the women’s single following her 5th place finish in the women’s quad at the U23 World Championships. Grace won bronze at the 2017 Junior World Championships in the women’s double with teammate Kieanna Stephens.
The Canadian men’s coxed four includes a combination of new and returning team members – Karl Hare (Calgary Rowing Club), Alexander Jastremski (South Niagara Rowing Club), Neil Kennedy (South Niagara Rowing Club), Mitchell Rodgers (St. Catharines Rowing Club), and Coxswain Eden Cooper-Squires (Argonaut Rowing Club). Heats are scheduled for Thursday.
The Canadian women’s quad includes newcomers Lucy Black (Fredricton Rowing Club), Anna Burnotte (Club d’Aviron de Sherbrooke), Emma Dockray (St. Catharines Rowing Club), and Claire Ellison (Halifax Rowing Club). Heats are scheduled for Thursday.
Amanda Caromicoli (Don Rowing Club) returns to the Canadian Junior team, this time in the women’s pair with crew Maya Meschkuleit (Don Rowing Club). Heats are scheduled for Thursday.
Jack Walkey (Claremont Sports Institute) will make his international debut on Wednesday in the men’s single.
More than 750 athletes will compete from 57 nations in Racice, Czech Republic starting tomorrow, Wednesday August 8th with finals on Sunday August 12th.
Canadian Schedule – Wednesday, August 8:
JM1x – Heats – 16:18CET/10:18ET/7:18PT
JW1x – Heats – 17:06CET/11:06ET/8:06PT
How to Follow:
The first race will start Wednesday August 8th at 15:30 CET/9:30ET/6:30PT. Here is how to follow the event on mobile, tablet, or desktop.
- The provisional time table for the event can be found here. And entries for all the races are available here.
- Live race tracker and LIVE audio will be available for ALL races on www.worldrowing.com.
- LIVE video streaming will be available on World Rowing’s main Facebook page and on the Junior Facebook page. The video streaming will start ten minutes before every race and will cover ALL races from 8 to 10 August.
- The LIVE video will then move to the worldrowing.com on Saturday 11 August and will cover ALL races until the end of the regatta on Sunday 12 August.
- Follow us on World Rowing Facebook, Junior Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube for behind the scenes interviews, live updates, photos and more.
- Also available on WorldRowing.com
– Startlists / Schedule
- Join the conversation …
– Use the hashtag #WRJChamps, #Racice2018
It’s not too late to support the Junior team! RCA launched the #RCANextGen campaign, supporting the Junior team as they prepare for and compete at the 2018 World Rowing Championships. The goal of this campaign is to raise funds that will go directly to reducing any fees that athletes face when representing Canada.
To show your support of the athletes and the campaign via social media, post #RCANextGen on your Facebook or Twitter. RCA would like to thank all those who have contributed already to the campaign in support of the next generation of Canadian rowers!