Canada Soccer invites 26 players into EXCEL camp in preparation for 2018 CONCACAF Women’s U-20 Championship
Canada Soccer – Canada Soccer’s EXCEL Program, in its final preparations for the 2018 CONCACAF Women’s U-20 Championship, has invited 26 players into an EXCEL camp running 11- 18 August in Burnaby, BC.
Coming off the back of a tournament in Australia where Canada Soccer’s U-20 Women’s Team split their two matches with a 4-1 over the USA and a 1-0 loss to home side Australia, the camp in Burnaby will be used to build on the learnings from those matches, and further develop the team’s connection and preparation ahead of the CONCACAF tournament that serves as the qualifier for the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup France 2018.
“Each time we come together it is about maximising the opportunity to add the necessary jigsaw pieces which will help us on our journey towards the FIFA U-20 Women’s World Cup 2018,” said Bev Priestman, Canada Soccer National Excel Director 14-20. “Although there were parts of the Australia tour we were happy with, we have to keep pushing these players to new levels, not only to maximise the potential of the group but also to maximise the potential of individuals in their journey to the Women’s National Team for France 2019 and Tokyo 2020.”
With 17 players returning to camp from the Australia tournament, as well as other returning EXCEL players and four new additions to the National EXCEL Program, Priestman will be looking to gain more insight into the how the new and returning faces can enhance the group, with only one camp remaining in 2018 before the CONCACAF qualification tournament. The focus of the August camp will be on bridging gaps, pushing players to reach new levels, and providing some concentrated focus on what will be required of the players over the next three months in their daily training environment. The EXCEL staff will also be focused on refining and maximising what is required to make the group efficient and adaptable heading into the 2018 CONCACAF qualification tournament.
With major tournaments on the horizon for Canada Soccer’s Women’s National Team, including the FIFA Women’s World Cup France 2019 and Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Head Coach John Herdman, who also leads the Women’s EXCEL Program as its Director, will be in attendance for a portion of the August camp, providing additional insight and assessing Canada Soccer’s EXCEL players for future senior squad potential.
Canada Soccer Women’s National EXCEL Program brings together the best with the best at the national youth level. Operating across the U-14 to U-20 age groups, the program is designed to deliver an aligned talent structure and system that progresses more top players to Canada’s Women’s National Team.
Roster (By Name, Year Born, Club and Hometown)
- Tanya Boychuck, 2000, FC Edmonton Girls REX, Edmonton, AB
- Emma Regan, 2000, Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite BC Soccer Rex, Burnaby, BC
- Ashley Cathro, 2000, Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite BC Soccer Rex, Victoria, BC
- Kaela Hansen, 2000, Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite BC Soccer Rex, Burnaby, BC
- Julia Grosso, 2000, Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite BC Soccer Rex, Vancouver, BC
- Rylee Foster, 1998, West Virginia University (NCAA), Cambridge, ON
- Jessica Lisi, 1998, University of Memphis (NCAA), Woodbridge, ON
- Lauren Raimondo, 1999, Harvard University (NCAA), St. Catharines, ON
- Samantha Chang, 2000, Unionville-Milliken SC (League1 Ontario), Mississauga, ON
- Kennedy Faulknor, 1999, UCLA (NCAA), Markham, ON
- Jayde Riviere, 2001, Markham Soccer Club, Pickering, ON
- Vital Kats, 1999, Kent State University (NCAA), Toronto, ON
- Maya Antoine, 2001, Vaughan Soccer Club (League1 Ontario), Vaughan, ON
- Lysianne Proulx, 1999, Syracuse University (NCAA), Boucherville, QC
- Marika Guay, 2000, Lakeshore SC, Châteauguay, QC
- Florence Laroche, 2000, Lakeshore SC, Laval, QC
- Hannah Taylor, 1999, University of Oregon, Edmonds, WA
- Nadège L’Esperance, 1999, University of Louisville (NCAA), Candiac, QC
- Shana Flynn, 2000, Unionville-Milliken SC (League1 Ontario), Brampton. ON
- Sarah Owusu, 1999, Eastern Kentucky University, Brampton, ON
- Caitlin Shaw, 2001, Vancouver Whitecaps FC Girls Elite BC Soccer Rex, Coquitlam, BC
- Mollie Eriksson, 2000, Ottawa South United, Ottawa, ON
- Malikae Dayes, 1999, University of Maryland, Brampton, ON
- Caleigh Boeckx, 2000, Calgary South West United / Calgary REX, Calgary, AB
- Anna Dunn, 2000, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB
- Anna Karpenko, 2002, Vaughan Soccer Club, Richmond Hill, ON (GK)
Corporate Communications | Gestionnaire, Communications corporatives
m. +1 613.299.1587
Men’s National Teams Program | Programme de l’équipe nationale masculine
m. +1 613.818.0305
Women’s National Teams Program | Programme de l’équipe nationale féminine
m. +1 613.406.4986