Call for Candidates – Sprint High Performance Committee Chair
CanoeKayak Canada – Canoe Kayak Canada is looking for an individual to join the Sprint Racing Council and fill the role of Chair of the High Performance Committee. The Sprint Racing Council (SRC) is a technical committee of CKC that is representative of the CKC Paddling Association members active in the sprint racing discipline. It is one of three disciplines that currently make up the Paddling Discipline class of members within CKC. The High Performance Committee is an integral part of the SRC providing technical expertise and guidance to CKC staff and in particular the High Performance Director for the high performance aspect of the sprint racing discipline.
The Chair of the High Performance Committee shall preside at all meetings of the Committee, report to the Sprint Racing Council on the status of the high performance program of the Sprint Racing Discipline wherever requested to do so and make a full report to the membership of the Sprint Racing Discipline at each Annual Summit. As Chair of the High Performance Committee, this person will also have the position of Vice Chair High Performance on the Sprint Racing Council.
Candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older,
- Have the power under law to contract,
- Be a resident of Canada,
- Have not been declared incapable by a court in Canada or in another country,
- Do not have the status of bankrupt, and
- Satisfies the requirements of the Income Tax Act in relation to the eligibility to serve as a director of a registered charity
- Be a current member in good standing of a Sprint Racing Paddling Association member of CKC
In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive knowledge of the CKC sprint racing high performance program and the Canadian sport system as it relates to the discipline
- Experience working on CKC volunteer committees
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
- Ability to commit approximately 15-20 hours per month to the work of the HPC and the SRC. Workload will fluctuate depending on the competition cycle with some months over 20 hours and some months under 15 hours.
- Willing and able to travel if necessary including weekdays and weekends
This is a volunteer position with a two year term. Interested candidates are required to complete the application form in order to be considered for the position.
Deadline for applications is Midnight EST on October 24, 2016.
Please send applications to Madeleine Hall, Chair of the SRC Nominating Committee, by email to email@example.com
2197 prom Riverside Dr, Suite 700
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X8