CAAWS Celebration of Women and Sport
Be part of building more inclusive sport and a stronger Ontario and Canada by joining us for this educational and inspirational day.
Session topics include: strategies for keeping girls in sport; women and coaching; woman and sport leadership; LGBTQ+ inclusion; and research trends that will inform the future of sport practice.
Presenters include Rosie McLennan (Olympian), Dr. Catherine Sabiston (University of Toronto) and more.
Join the Coaching Association of Canada and CAAWS in recognizing female coaches for the integral role they play by simply saying #ThanksCoach.
Send the female coach in your life a #ThanksCoach postcard, thanking her for her amazing job as a coach and the impact she’s made.
We rounded up our Top 10 Success Factors for designing after school programs for girls. Integrate the ideas, tracking and rewards of the ParticipACTION 150 Play List to your program as a way to keep it fun and motivate participation!
The 2018 WISE Fund application opens on October 2, 2017.
“As a purpose driven organization, we are encouraged by the overwhelming commitment and support by talented individuals that continue to make a difference,” said Sandip Lalli, CAAWS Board Chair.
September 21st, 2017
– CAAWS: Leadership Workshop – Life Balance (Lantz, NS)
– CAAWS: Leadership Workshop – Life Balance (Springhill, NS)
September 23rd, 2017
– University Health Network – Concussion in Women and Girls Conference (Toronto, ON) Register Here
September 23rd-30th, 2017
– National Coaches Week
September 28th, 2017
– CAAWS: Women on Board Presentation at the NWT Recreation and Parks Association Conference (Invuik, NT) Register Here
October 3rd, 2017
– CAAWS: Leadership Workshops – Conflict Management (Whistler, BC)
October 11th, 2017
– CAAWS – Ontario150 Women and Sport Celebration Event (Toronto, ON) Register Here
October 12th, 2017
– The Margaret Eaton School (MES) – Being Shaped by and Shaping Canadian Culture (Redeemer University College, Hamilton, ON) Register Here
October 16th, 2017
– CAAWS: Leadership Workshop – Life Balance (Kamloops, BC) Register Here
October 20th, 2017
– CAAWS: LTAD Consideration to Actively Engage Girls and Young Women Presentation (Vancouver, BC) Register Here
November 2nd-4th, 2017
– CAAWS at the Coaching Association of Canada’s Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Conference (Calgary, AB)
- Session: CAAWS Workshop – Female Coach Mentorship Model
- Actively Engaging Women and Girls: Strategies to Disrupt the Status Quo
November 7th, 2017
– CAAWS: Leadership Workshops – Influencing Change (Whistler, BC)
The Honourable Kent Hehr, whom we welcome as the newly appointed Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities. We look forward to working alongside Minister Hehr to continue to advance opportunities for women and sport as a vital part of a strong and vibrant Canadian sport system.
The CWHL for announcing it will start paying its players this season—a terrific milestone for women’s sport in Canada.