ALBERTA SWIMMER, COLE PRATT, MAKES CANADA GAMES HISTORY
Team Alberta – Cole Pratt of Calgary, Alberta earns 10 medals at Canada Games, breaks record for most medals in a single Games for a male athlete
(Winnipeg, MB – August 11, 2017) Alberta swimmer Cole Pratt has made history at the Canada Games.
At age 14, set to turn 15 on Sunday as the Canada Games torch will be extinguished during the closing ceremonies, Cole Pratt earned a total of 10 medals at these 2017 Canada Summer Games.
He became the most decorated male athlete in a single Canada Games, with 10 medals.
Hanna Henderson of Ontario set the new mark with 11 medals in the pool at these Games in the women’s swimming events, becoming the most decorated athlete in a single Canada Games.
The 6’1” swimmer from the Cascade Swim Club in Calgary surpassed the mark set by another Calgary swimmer in Ray Bertuzzi, who had earned nine medals, including seven gold medals, at the 2005 Canada Summer Games in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Pratt, whose twin brother Kian also swims, attends the French immersion program at the Fairview school in Calgary, AB. After the Canada Games, Pratt will enter grade 10.
Pratt’s father Jason acted as the public announcer for the swimming events at the 2017 Canada Summer Games.
Betuzzi, whose record was broken today by female swimmer Hanna Henderson of Ontario, was a member of the Canadian Senior National Swim Team from 2004 to 2011. Ray is now a Senior Coach at the University of Calgary Varsity Swim Team.
Here is a breakdown of his record-winning performances at the 2017 Canada Summer Games.
- GOLD – 200m Freestyle Male (1:54.04) New Canadian Age Group record, 13-14 yo
- GOLD – 100m Backstroke Male (56.82s) New Canadian Age Group record, 13-14 yo
- GOLD – 100m Butterfly Male (55.65s) New Personal Best
- GOLD – 200m Butterfly Male (2:03.42) New Canadian Age Group record, 13-14 yo
- GOLD – 200M Medley Relay Male (2:05.26) New Canada Games record, New Canadian Age Group record, 13-14 yo
- SILVER – 100m Freestyle Male (52.66s) New Personal Best
- SILVER 100m Medley Relay Male (4:18.38)
- BRONZE – 200m Backstroke Male (2:07.73)
- BRONZE – 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay Male (3:35.96)
- BRONZE – 4 x 50m Medley Relay Male (1:47.42)
The 2017 Canada Summer Games ends on Sunday.
Follow us on Social Media for up to the minute updates and behind the scenes action from Team Alberta!
TEAM ALBERTA SCHEDULE
Team Alberta Media Contact
Guy Napert-Frenette – PerformancePR
403-669-5015 | firstname.lastname@example.org