2018 Canadian Trampoline Championships Bounce into Lethbridge, AB
Gymnastics Canada – Lethbridge, AB (June 25, 2018) – Media are invited to attend the 2018 Canadian Championships in Trampoline Gymnastics running from Thursday, July 5th to Sunday, July 8th at the ENMAX Centre in Lethbridge, AB.
Hosted by the ENMAX Centre and X-Finity Trampoline & Tumbling in collaboration with Gymnastics Canada, this event brings together 350 of Canada’s best national level and high-performance junior and senior gymnasts who will challenge for the title of Canadian Champion in men’s and women’s individual and synchronized trampoline, tumbling, and double mini-trampoline (DMT).
2012 and 2016 Olympic trampoline champion Rosie MacLennan will headline the women’s trampoline finals on Saturday evening, while Jon Schwaiger, World Games competitor in men’s tumbling and double mini-trampoline, and Jordan Sugrim, the reigning Canadian champion in women’s tumbling will highlight the rest of Saturday evening and Sunday morning.
WHAT: 2018 Canadian Championships in Trampoline Gymnastics
WHEN: Thursday, July 5th – Sunday, July 8th
2510 Scenic Dr. S.,
Lethbridge, AB, T1K 1N2
POINTS OF INTEREST:
- Part of the selection process for the 2018 World Championships; 2018 World Age Group Competitions; and 2018 Sr Pan American Championships;
- Two-time Olympic champion Rosie MacLennan, and 2018 World Championships bronze medallist Sophiane Méthot to battle for the Senior Canadian title in women’s trampoline;
- 2008 Olympic Games silver medallist Jason Burnett will be looking to regain his Canadian Championship title since returning from injury following the 2016 Rio Olympic Games;
- Jon Schwaiger will be going for his seventh national title in senior men’s tumbling, while also looking to regain his senior men’s DMT Canadian title.
- Jordan Sugrim going for her 5th senior women’s national title in DMT.
Saturday – July 7th
12:35 – 13:10 DMT Finals (L6 17U Men)
14:00 – 16:30 DMT Finals (L6 17U Women, L5 17+ Women & Men)
17:10 – 20:30 TRA Finals (L6 17U Women & Men, Junior Women & Men Senior Women & Men)
17:55 – 19:50 DMT Finals (L5 17U Women & Men, Senior Women & Men)
19:45 – 20:20 TUM Finals (L5 15U Women)
Sunday – July 8th
08:00 – 12:30 TRA Finals (L5 16U Women & Men, L5 17+ Women & Men, L6 18+ Women & Men. Synchro L5 Women & Men, Synchro Senior Women & Men)
08:45 – 12:35 TUM Finals (L5 15U Men, L5 16+ Women & Men, Junior Women & Men, Senior Women & Men, L6 Women & Men)
10:30 – 11:45 DMT Finals (L5 16U Women, Junior Women & Men)
13:35 – 14:20 TRA Team Finals Women & Men
14:45 – 16:40 DMT Team Finals Women & Men
16:25 – 17:55 TUM Team Finals Women & Men
LIVE STREAMING: http://gymcan.tv
PHOTOS: High quality photos will be available to the media. Please contact Julie Forget for more information.
MEDIA ACCREDITATION: Will be available on-site. Please consult our media guidelines before attending.
For more information, please contact:
Director, Communications & Marketing