BC Rugby – The 2018 BC Rugby Club Finals will take place this Saturday, May 5th, at Abbotsford’s Exhibition Park. Games commence at 10:30am and run throughout the day, concluding with the Men’s Premier League Final kicking off at 4:30pm.
The event will see nine senior division titles decided across eight action-packed hours of 15s Rugby. A total of 18 teams, representing 11 Clubs from across British Columbia, will compete for glory and much-coveted silverware.
The day is highlighted with the following Championship Finals:
- Three-times defending champions UBC Thunderbirds will seek a fourth, consecutive Rounsefell Cup title when they take on UBC Old Boys at 4.30pm in the Men’s Premier League Final, presented by The Onni Group
- Westshore RFC will target back-to-back Women’s Premier League titles, kicking off at against Burnaby Lake RFC
- After finishing the regular season ranked third, the Vancouver Rowing Club will be looking to continue their playoff winning streak as they face White Rock’s Bayside Sharks RFC in the Men’s Division 1 Final
- One of four Clubs with at least two Teams in Finals, Bayside Sharks RFC is aiming for two Championships as their Women’s Team take on Meraloma Rugby Club in the Women’s Division 1 Final
- Two losing finalists from last year will get the chance take the top spot as both Kamloops RC (Men’s Division 2) and Capilano RFC (Women’s Division 2) line up for their finals.
What: 2018 BC Rugby Club Finals
When: Saturday, May 5th
Where: Exhibition Park, Abbotsford
Schedule: Matches kick off between 10:30am and 4:30pm PT
Tickets: Gates open at 10:00am and tickets are only available on the day: $15 for adults, free entry for minors.
Watch Live: Matches taking place in Rotary Stadium will be streamed live via the Club Finals webpage
Results: These will be updated live from the field on the Club Finals webpage
More Information: For more information about Club Finals – Click Here
Media Accreditation: To request media accreditation please Click Here. We will review your application and contact you prior to the event to provide further information. If we do not have your details by Friday, May 4th at 5pm, we can’t guarantee you free entry at the event.
A Post-Tournament press release will be emailed out after the event with confirmation of results, presentations and a summary of the day. This will be sent no later than 8:00pm, Saturday, May 5th.