2016 Little League Canadian Championships
2016 Canadian Little League Championship – The 2016 Little League Canadian Championship, presented by McDonalds Restaurants of Canada, will be played from August 4 to 13, 2016 at 3100 E. Pender Street, Vancouver (directly across from the PNE).
The tournament includes seven teams representing divisions across Canada – Hastings Community Little League (Host), Whalley Little League (BC), Southwest Little League (Alberta), Moose Jaw Little League (Prairies), Port Arthur Nationals Little League (Ontario), Diamond Baseball Academy Little League (Quebec) and Sydney & District Little League (Atlantic). The teams will compete for the right to represent Canada at the annual Little League World Series played in Williamsport, Pennsylvania starting on August 18th .
Key Tournament Highlights
- Opening Ceremony will be held on Thursday, August 4 at 1:00pm and will include acknowledgement of a $150,000 “Field of Dreams” grant from Jays Care Foundation for the renovation and upgrade of the baseball diamonds at Hastings Community Park.
- The opening game is on Thursday, August 4 at 10:00am between Alberta and Ontario.
- The host team, Hastings Community Little League plays their first game on Thursday August 4 at 6:00PM versus the Atlantic Region
- The Rogers Connected Zone which showcases the Toronto Blue Jays with displays and fun, interactive experiences will be onsite all day on August 6 and 7;
- A special Challenger Game for children with cognitive and/or physical disabilities will be played on Friday, August 12 at 12:00pm featuring honorary coaches Ronald McDonald, FIN from the Vancouver Canucks and Bob the Brown Bear of the Vancouver Canadians;
- The Championship Final will be played on Saturday, August 13 at 12:00pm and will conclude with the Closing Ceremony immediately following the game.
We are also extremely proud to announce that our presenting sponsor for the tournament is McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada and our supporting partners include the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) and the Toronto Blue Jays. You can see more about the tournament and download a copy of our media guide on the tournament website at: www.2016llcc.ca.
About the Tournament
The Little League Canadian Championship tournament was first played in 1951 and was last played in BC in 2011. A round robin series of three games will determine the four playoff teams followed by two semi-final elimination games and the final championship game on August 13th. The full schedule can be seen on the tournament website at www.2016llcc.ca.
About the Host – Hastings Community Little League
HCLL has operated since 1953 providing volunteer driven baseball programs for boys and girls aged 5 to 12 at Hastings Community Park. The boundaries for HCLL cover parts of East Vancouver and North Burnaby. Hastings Community Little League won the Canadian Little League Championship in both 2009 and 2012 and went on to represent Canada at the World Series.
For any inquiries related to the 2016 Canadian Little League Championship Tournament, please contact:
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/2016LLCC
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/2016LLCC
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/2016LLCC/