10 Good Reasons To Attend The 2018 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Sportif Conference
Coaching Association of Canada – The Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference (#SLS18) is Canada’s conference for coaches, researchers, sport executives, and administrators. Organized by the Coaching Association of Canada, the annual conference consists of three days of learning, professional development, and networking with the top minds and leaders of the Canadian sport, business, and education communities. Here are 10 reasons to attend #SLS18, which takes place in Ottawa from November 8-10 at the Westin Ottawa.
- Embrace the power of influence. At #SLS18, speakers, delegates, and breakout participants will dive into what it means to be a performance influencer. The power of influence poses a unique opportunity to foster positive change in our Canadian sport system. How can you optimize your influence?
- The neuroscience of happiness. Join Jim Moss, the self-proclaimed, Chief Happiness Officer of Plasticity Labs, to explore the impacts of training and engraining the HERO traits (hope efficacy, resilience, optimism, gratitude, empathy, and mindfulness) into organizations, teams, and athletes.
- Networking, networking, and more networking! Check out the TeamSnap Coaches Lounge, and the RA Head2Head Activity Zone where you can interact with 500+ of your closest friends.
- Get concussion smart! Dr. Dan Cass, Paul Hunter, Susan Kitchen, and Gord Stringer will provide increased clarity surrounding concussion awareness and detection, complete with an engaging discussion about implementation barriers and solutions.
- The power of one. Nova Browning Rutherford will facilitate discussions that help improve self-awareness and communication, optimize performance, enhance focus and concentration when needed, and learn to decompress when the day is done.
- It’s time to celebrate! At the 2018 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Awards Gala, prepare for a glittering evening in LE PALAIS DE GLACE as we shine the spotlight on Canada’s top coaches.
- Active learning. Grab your water bottle, and join us for an interactive and engaging learning session, while getting your workout on!
- The partnership potential. Stop by the 16+ tradeshow booths to learn about the organizations, make new contacts, and take advantage of the awesome swag!
- Did we mention the networking opportunities? Connect with your peers at the Thursday evening Welcome Reception, Thursday night pick-up basketball game, and the Friday afternoon Conference Recess!
- Gain a coaching edge! There’s lots of professional development opportunities scheduled during the 2018 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership sportif conference. Are you a certified coach? Earn PD points towards maintenance of certification just for attending!
Register today to ensure that you don’t miss out on this fantastic event and to take advantage of the early bird rate. Save $100 if you register by September 13th and you’ll be entered in a draw to win FREE GAS FOR A YEAR*, courtesy of Petro-Canada! (*rules and regulations apply)
For more information or to register, please visit www.coach.ca/sportleadership.