Whether it be a move into a new program or sport, a move towards a more competitive sport program or, a graduation from high performance sport; transitions open new doors and new opportunities to experience sport in a variety of environments. The new issue of the Athlete Pathways SIRCuit focuses on:
- starting stages in the sport of water polo;
- the role of event hosting in developing athletes and sport from Speed Skating Canada;
- the update on the Aboriginal Long-Term Participant Development 1.0 (ALTPD) resources
- how to help growing adolescent athletes avoid injuries;
- building leadership skills in young women; and
- new research examining opportunities to provide culturally safe sport programming.