Youth Development Intern
The successful applicant will assist with the implementation and execution of the Jr NBA Youth Basketball (JNYB) program. Responsibilities will include assisting in the effort to grow the program – through operations, program communications, planning, administration, marketing, and sales, as well as other tactical duties to achieve the short-term and long-term goals of the JNYB program.
Specific Skills Required and Responsibilities
- Background in Logistics/Operations, Business Management, Marketing/Communications, and/or Physical Education.
- Understanding of basic project management skills and experience, particularly adhering to timelines, planning, and documentation.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, internet research, and database management is required.
- Knowledgeable in NCCP certification.
- Promote and aid in the implementation of JNYB to community organizations, sport clubs, YMCAs, schools, and municipal parks & recreation.
- Contribute to development of updated program materials and content, including operations manual, coach manual, parent’s guide, video resources, etc.
- Provide top level customer service to all JNYB coordinators, coaches, and parents/participants.
- Assist with the execution of new/returning JNYB program registration, on-boarding, background checks and start-up.
- Responsible for order fulfillment, distribution and tracking of all materials needed for JNYB, including order picking and packing, updating confirmation/tracking, shipping confirmation/tracking, and inventory tracking.
- Assist with lead generation and market data research to find new Host Organizations to join JNYB, and track and follow-up with prospective organizations through a CRM system, Salesforce.
- Assist with the implementation of the different functions of the communication plan such as news articles, newsletter releases and social media posts.
- Connect and coordinate with external suppliers, to assist with inventory purchases.
- Attend and assist with special events and functions to market the JNYB program.
- Experience with communication platforms that include WordPress, MailChimp, and SurveyMonkey an asset.
- Experience with Adobe software, specifically Adobe Photoshop, Acrobat and Illustrator is an asset.
- Comfortable with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro, iMovie, or similar. Access to/ownership of video editing software and a compatible laptop is an asset but not required.
- Responsible for additional administrative duties relating to JNYB including ongoing communications, inquiries, database management, and all other service functions as required.
Interested candidates should send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org