Strength & Conditioning Coach
Strength & Conditioning Coach (Part Time)
OAK is looking for a Part Time Strength & Conditioning Coach to develop and lead a training program for OAK’s High Performance group.
We believe that modern sport leadership and a collaborative club culture are the keys to becoming the best swimming club in Canada. We aim to place OAK athletes on the podium at provincial, national and international championships; and to develop the leaders of tomorrow.
To achieve our goals, OAK is looking for a coach who’s ambition and drive matches our own. If you are a team orientated, sport leader who is motivated to be a part of our future, then OAK wants to invest in you. This role has the potential to grow to a full time position. Our ideal candidate is experienced and passionate about strength and conditioning, and shares our goal of creating an environment for athletes to reach their full potential.
We support our coaches to be the central point for fostering success and enjoyment for our members. The Strength & Conditioning Coach will have a lead role in teaching, training and motivating the athletes at OAK. The coach will work from our fully equipped, crossfit style gym. They will report to the Head Coach and work closely with the coaching staff.
About Us: OAK is a 3-time National Championship, not-for-profit swim club that provides competitive swimming programs for the Oakville area. OAK is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and managed by professional coaches and admin staff. OAK typically registers approximately 700 swimmers in our programs annually, and we also provide opportunities for swimmers to race in competitions and enjoy being a part of a fun and supportive community that celebrates success.
- 3 years experience in Strength & Conditioning coaching
- Valid Personal Training Certification or Group Fitness Instructor through a nationally recognised accredited organization (required)
- National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA) – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) (preferred)
- University level education in the health and fitness field (preferred)
- Standard First Aid with CPR-C (preferred)
- Competitive swimming / swim coaching experience is an asset
- Able to lead athlete training groups and create a positive training environment
- Excellent coaching and interpersonal skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Works well in a team setting
Coaching, Teaching, Training
- Contribute to OAK’s goal of quality swimming, social responsibility and personal development
- Design a strength & conditioning program for the High Performance group in alignment with OAK integrated athlete development program and in collaboration with the Head Coach
- Coach, teach and train athletes to enhance athlete strength, speed, power, mobility, and athleticism for success at the national level in swimming
- Adhere to and enforce all safety protocols in order to maintain a safe and healthy training environment
- Provide instruction in technique and successful habits for athletic development
- Participate in sport and role specific training and meetings
- Build positive relationships with swimmers, parents, staff, and our community
- Track athlete progress, challenges and attendance
- Communicate regularly with the Head Coach
- Attend coach meetings
Work Terms and Consideration
- The successful candidate will work five (5) to ten (10) hours per week which may require evening and weekend work.
- Work will primarily be conducted at the OAK Headquarters in Oakville, ON.
- Hourly pay rate: $40.00 (or commensurate with experience)
- Qualified applicants should send a resume to email@example.com with the subject line “S&C Coach Application”.
Application submission deadline: February 12, 2023
Successful applicants will be contacted for interviews by February 24, 2023
Start date: April 2023