Sr. Coordinator, Sport Science and Sport Medicine
Coordinator, Sport Science & Sport Medicine
Monday, June 29, 2020
& Performance Pathways
Friday, July 10, 2020
|SALARY:||Salary to commensurate with experience|
|SUPERVISOR’S TITLE:|| Director, Performance Services
Director, Performance Pathways
|LOCATION:|| Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
(Toronto Pan Am Sports Centre)
| Interview Date:
Week of July
The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario (CSIO) is looking for a well-organized and highly motivated individual to be part of the team at one of Canada’s leading sport institutes.
The Senior Coordinator, Sport Science & Sport Medicine contributes to the administration with the Performance Excellence Core Strategy at CSIO (Performance Services and Performance Pathways departments). The Senior Coordinator, Performance Excellence will:
- Work closely with the Director, Performance Services and Director, Performance Pathways providing key operational contributions to both departments
- Develop, track and report on service agreements and service delivery by Performance Services staff and contractors
- Work closely with internal and external physicians to ensure athletes receive medical attention in a timely manner
NSO & PSO Service Agreements
In collaboration with the Pathways Advisors, Manager, Performance Services, and Senior Advisor, Sustainability, the Senior Coordinator, Sport Science & Sport Medicine will:
- Track all NSO & PSO service requests received through Schedule A funding and Indirect sport funding
- Track all OHPSI sport science and sport medicine (SSSM) service requests and coordinate service providers for OHPSI programs
- Track all invoices received from contractors conducting work on behalf of CSIO
- Track all payments and/or expected payments received from partnered and non-partnered sports for services agreed to and/or completed
- Develop and archive Service Agreements for sports, ensuring all service agreements are signed by both parties (CSIO and Sport)
NSO & PSO Service Delivery Tracking
In collaboration with the Manager, Performance Services, Pathways Advisors, the Senior Coordinator, Sport Science & Sport Medicine will:
- Track service delivery to partnered and non-partnered sports through ADP timecards and service delivery objectives where applicable
- Implement service delivery evaluations for partnered and non-partnered sports
- Develop and deliver service delivery reports for the respective manager (i.e. Director, Performance Services, Manager, Performance
Services) and Sport Lead (Director, Performance Services; Advisor, Performance Pathways) based on ADP time tracking and delivery on agreed upon objectives
Sport Medicine Scheduling
- Scheduling appointments for athletes with internal physicians
- Answering the phone and receiving facsimiles on the lines dedicated to sport medicine.
- Answering general questions from athletes, coaches and other about sport medicine services provided by CSIO.
- Coordinating appointment bookings for athletes to schedule out-of-house consultations, testing and treatment
- Booking practitioners, consultation rooms and required equipment for athlete appointments
- Liaising with laboratory testing service providers to arrange for a technician to be on-site for laboratory tests, when mutually agreed by a sport and CSIO
- Working with the Manager, Performance Services, Pathways Advisors and/or Sport Lead to book group performance health monitoring assessments
- Responsible for managing the OHIP billing system, as well as athlete or sport billing for consumables and uninsured services
- Tracking time spent by CSIO physicians providing services uninsured by provincial Medicare plans and dedicated to specific sports (including time spent in a Daily Training Environment or Training Camp, travel with a team, and performance health monitoring examinations)
- Ensuring electronic medical records are appropriately completed in order to bill OHIP for insured services
- Responsible for reconciling invoices from laboratory service providers and communicating regarding these fees with Manager of Performance Services and/or Pathways Advisors for accounts record keeping
- Medical Records and Database Management
- Becoming an expert in navigating OSCAR EMR, Smartabase, and ADP databases and executing relevant administrative functions within them
- Importing requisitions, prescriptions, referrals, lab results consultation notes, radiology reports, historical medical records or any other relevant documents generated from outside our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and received via mail, fax or e-mail into the appropriate database (OSCAR EMR, and in some cases Smartabase).
- Following up with external physicians’ or other service providers’ offices to obtain legible records or clarify their content if any records or notes received from them are illegible or unclear
- Monitoring online uploads from labs to check when bloodwork results are posted, ensuring that they are properly linked to patient records and flagged for attention from relevant physicians, as well as following up with those physicians as may be needed to ensure that they attend to their flagged reports
- Responsible for administering and recording some medical tests, including anthropometry (height and mass), resting 12-lead electrocardiograms (ECGs) and flow-volume loop Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs) as components of performance health monitoring exams.
Performance Excellence Administration
- Provide administrative support to the Director, Performance Services and Director, Performance Pathways as required, including organizing meetings, setting agendas, taking minutes, and following up on action items
- Assist the Director, Performance Services and Director, Performance Pathways with creating templates and documents that will support organizational efficiency
- Maintain and promote an organizational structure and use of shared drives and shared files to encourage collaboration
- Coordinate the logistics for seminars, workshops, symposiums, and special events from arranging the venue and schedule to setting
out agenda and ensuring the event runs smoothly
- Provide information and data as required for Provincial and Federal reports such as Sport Canada Inventory, Own the Podium submission, Board reports, quarterly reports, annual reports etc.
Required Behaviour, Skills, and Knowledge
Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Sport Management, Sport Science, or similar field of study
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a high-performance sport environment as either an administrator or a practitioner
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, data management software)
- Experience with EMR (OSCAR preferred), OHIP billing is considered an asset Superior organizational, time management and administrative skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence, initiative, and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the Canadian sport system, sport performance services and the high-performance sport daily training environment
professional judgment, initiative, and the ability to work well under
- Self-motivated with the ability to execute and manage multiple tasks within a specified time frame
- A can-do attitude and ability to comfortably work in a very hands-on, multi-faceted role.
To provide a world-class multi-sport daily training environment for athletes, coaches, and practitioners through excellence in leadership, services, and programs in Ontario.
As part of the COPSI Network, Canadian Sport Institute Ontario is a key contributor to Canada’s Olympic and Paralympic podium performances.
Elevating People & Performances
Values – Commitment, Synergy, Integrity, Openness (CSIO)
We take care of each other, we serve the organization to the best of our abilities, we provide the highest quality of service to our clients.
We respect and recognize the contributions and diversity of our team, we interact in ways that bring out the best in each other, we build proactive relationship to achieve success.
We are consistent and ethical in our actions.
We present unvarnished
truth in the appropriate transparent manner.
We provide and demonstrate a safe and inclusive environment.
We are authentic in the way we interact with each other, we embrace a solution-oriented approach
we welcome timely feedback on how to improve.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter
(in one PDF document) to:
Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
Canadian Sport Institute Ontario welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
The Canadian Sport Institute Ontario is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.