Sport Photography Intern
ABOUT ST. ANDREW’S COLLEGE
Founded in 1899, St. Andrew’s College (SAC) is an independent, all-boys university preparatory school for grades 5-12. Located 40 minutes north of Toronto, SAC’s 126-acre campus is home to a mix of 650 boarding and day students from 25 countries. As set out in our mission statement, SAC’s rigorous academic program is complemented by a wide range of co-curricular activities designed to develop ‘the complete man and well-rounded citizen.’ All boys participate in the extensive athletic program (71 teams across 22 sports) and the 109-year-old Cadet Corps. Graduates gain entry to top universities in Canada, the U.S. and abroad, and are part of a network of 6,000 Old Boys around the world. To find out more, visit our website at www.sac.on.ca
The objective of the St. Andrews College Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in College or University Sport Business Programs with experience working in sport photography. Students will get hands on experience working on athletic programming and event delivery. Our goal at St. Andrews College is to provide our interns with opportunities to work with a team who manages the school Athletic Department. While your primary internship will focus on sport photography, you will be involved as an intern working with a team on the day-to-day event management, marketing, communications, and promotions (MARCOMMPRO) of the St. Andrews College Athletic Program. Our focus will be to ensure students conclude their internship with a better understanding of the opportunities that exist for a career in an Athletic department at the College or University level.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capturing creative and exciting photographs of various athletes and St. Andrews College athletic games
- Continuously discover and implement new shooting technologies and best practices to maximize efficiency and footage quality
- Post-game procedures, including cropping, retouching and color correcting digital images
- Digital image library filing and management assisting with shoots (setting up studio and lights)
- Assist with sourcing props and organizing prop storage Uploading product images to a Content Management System
- Perform website audits to ensure images are correctly displayed
- Assist with the website content on a daily basis and ensuring it is up to date with compelling photographs
- Support the development and production of team communication materials
- Creating templates to post before and after games
- Updating templates to post after games
- Assist with the production of all department, program, team and athlete centered promotional materials and presentation
- Work with the SAC Communications staff to provide event information
- Currently working towards a college diploma or university degree in Photography or Digital program
- Experience in photo editing, including retouching and colour correcting
- Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working on Macintosh and PC computers
- Knowledge of DLSRs
- Experience with a Web Content Management system an asset
- Demonstrated initiative and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and mitigate it with creativity is crucial
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivations, continuity and the essence of brand representation
- Excellent written, oral, listening and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks across multiple projects with cross-functions teams
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
An honorarium of up to $1,500 is provided for a full-time internship position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send all cover letters and resumes by August 12th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To be considered for these positions, all applicants must be currently enrolled in a program approved by a College or University and require the internship for academic credit required to graduate.
St. Andrew’s College has long been committed to ensuring our boys learn how to engage appropriately with others in the community so that they can develop healthy, meaningful, and sustained human
relationships. Our policies and programs speak to the necessity for schools to be inclusive and to enact proactive approaches to interrelationships. As an employer we model and value equity, diversity, and inclusivity. By extension, we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at
At St. Andrew’s College we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe school environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, the school has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees and students to be vaccinated from COVID-19. Exemption to this policy is based on medical condition. In addition, employees must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.