SPORT INFORMATION / COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP FALL 2022
The objective of the St. Andrew’s College Internship program is to provide students currently enrolled in College or University Sport Business Programs with experience working in sport information / communications.
Students will get hands on experience working on athletic programming and event delivery. Our goal at St. Andrew’s College is to provide our interns with opportunities to work with a team who manages the school Athletic Department. While your primary internship will focus on sport information / communications, you will be involved as an intern working with a team on the day-to-day event management, marketing, communications, and promotions (MARCOMMPRO) of the St. Andrew’s College Athletic Program. Our focus will be to ensure students conclude their internship with a better understanding of the opportunities that exist for a career in an Athletic department at the College or University level.
Associate Director of Athletics
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist with the website on a daily basis and ensuring it is up to date
· Support the development and production of team communication materials (rosters / results /
standing & statistics)
· Coordinate scheduling and results with SAC / CISAA
· Coordinate event reporting to SAC staff and team officials
· Assisting with updating scores, schedule, and standings to the website
· Assist with the collection and reporting of all statical data required by SAC, the league and
· Maintain accurate and up to date standings
· Ensure all reporting of SAC events and results
· Creating templates and graphics to post before, during, and after games
· Updating templates to post for after games
· Assist with the design, production of all department, program, team, and athlete centered
promotional materials and presentation
· Work alongside the SAC Communications staff to provide event information
Currently working towards a college diploma or university degree in a related field: Communications, Marketing, Business Administration and / or other related programs
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks appropriately, in a fast-paced environment
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Administratively organized and detailed oriented
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong team player, with the ability to work independently
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Quick study and willingness to learn
· Knowledge of the Canadian Sport System
· Ability to learn new programs
Selected candidates will develop essential skills and gain valuable experience in one or more of the following areas with the aim to prepare them for successful careers in sport:
· Communications, social media, and branded content
· Marketing / Promotions
· Campaign Coordination
· Brand Management
· Pre-Event Promotional Planning
An honorarium of up to $1,500 is provided for a full-time internship position.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send all cover letters and resumes by May 31st, 2022 to email@example.com citing the position title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.
To be considered for these positions, all applicants must be currently enrolled in a program approved by a College or University and require the internship for academic credit required to graduate.
REFERENCES ARE REQUIRED UPON REQUEST
St. Andrew’s College has long been committed to ensuring our boys learn how to engage appropriately with others in the community so that they can develop healthy, meaningful, and sustained human relationships. Our policies and programs speak to the necessity for schools to be inclusive and to enact
proactive approaches to interrelationships. As an employer we model and value equity, diversity, and inclusivity. By extension, we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation through the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 905-727-2580.
At St. Andrew’s College we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe school environment for all. Consistent with this commitment, the school has established a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all employees and students to be vaccinated from COVID-19. Exemption to this policy is based on medical condition. In addition, employees must provide a satisfactory vulnerable sector screening as a condition of employment.