The Operations Specialist will be supporting overall operations at SIRC. This includes managing projects and events, liaising with partners (sport sector and research partners), as well as assisting with the management of the day-to-day operations of the organization. This person will be reporting to the VP Operations and will be working with both the Communication and the Research and Partnership teams.
The ideal candidate is fluently bilingual and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. You love the details and excel at multi-tasking. You are a personable team player who loves to build relationships and see opportunities where systems/process can be improved. We are small yet mighty team and you understand that no task is too small. Whether you are working from your office desk or your home desk, you are effective and efficient. This position is based in Ottawa.
- Degree in sport administration, business administration OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years experience in similar field/role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience contributing to a team environment while also working well individually.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to multitask and meet
- Time management skills to effectively identify, prioritize and implement initiatives.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs as well as Zoom and other networking platforms.
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Canva, Quickbooks, Plooto, Hubdocs, Wufoo and project management tools (such as Freedcamp)
- Familiar with sport and physical activity research and/or knowledge translation
- Familiar with the landscape of sport organizations in Canada, and a passion for the mission of amateur sport
- Basic bookkeeping
- Fluent in both English and French strong asset
- Together with a team, plan and deliver projects in an efficient and effective manner.
- Oversee contracts with various partners while monitoring progress and budgets.
- Assist with the writing of proposals and grant applications
- Perform administrative tasks to support all programs and services.
- Assist with budget planning and financial tracking for the organization
- Assist with the creation of templates and processes to ensure efficiency
- Support the management of two Large Annual Events with multiple stakeholders.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Terrific benefit package and pension
- Flexible work environment (hybrid in-person and virtual)
- Central hub in Canada to sport sector knowledge and sharing
- Excellent and supportive team
Please send your resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Applicants with compelling resumes that meet our criteria may be contacted before end of job posting deadline.
All responses are appreciated, however, only those selected for an interview will receive a reply.
About the organization:
Incorporated in 1973, SIRC, the Sport Information Resource Centre, is Canada’s leader and most trusted partner in advancing sport through knowledge and evidence. SIRC is committed to engaging with organizations and individuals involved in the development of sport, recreation and physical education in Canada and around the world, to enhance the capacity of our shared community to foster growth and the pursuit of excellence. Visit sirc.ca to learn more. SIRC is funded in part by the Government of Canada.