Shift Supervisor (casual)
This is lifeguard, swimming instruction, supervision and limited custodial work involving responsibility for the safety and instruction of all users of indoor aquatic facilities. The position works out of the UBC Aquatic Centre.
- Supervises swimming, recreational and fitness activities and enforces safety regulations in indoor aquatic facilities.
- Coordinates rescues of distressed simmers and administers first aid, artificial respiration and other approved safety measures when necessary; assists in the organizing speedy and safety removal of injured patrons.
-Participates in the training and evaluation of subordinate aquatic staff and assists supervisors in ensuring that established standards of performance and safety for lifeguard, instructors and related aquatic staff are maintained.
- Instructs all age groups in swimming techniques for all levels of swimming from Preschool to Lifesaving Society levels, including instruction in special areas such as challenged adults, children, fitness, diving, etc.
- Actively participates in swimming instruction.
- Provides instruction on an individual bases to program participants as time and class size allow.
- Maintained related class records.
- Cashiers in absence of cashier and during swim lesson registration.
- Assists in ensuring that general maintenance duties such as:
filtration system, chlorine systems, pool chemistry and building cleanliness
- Answers inquiries and handles complaints from participants regarding public relations, program content, and teaching and/or lifeguarding methods of staff.
- Supervises lifeguards and instructors on their designated shift.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.